JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FB_IMG_1442777838150.jpg

What are ya'll canning?:D

I need to learn canning, and get off my rump :s0129: and start my Garden again. I would can Peas, Beans, Squish, Cabbage, Jalapeno Carrots with Garlic and Onions:s0073: and Homemade Pickles. Sweet Bread & Butter for me and Garlic Dill for the Wife ! :s0060:

We canned up a bunch of salsa last night. We also are using up the mountain of tomatoes we had by just roasting em up with squash and red onion (or whatever else I have) to freeze in jars for tomato sauce. Its really simple to just chunkem up roastem in a big pan for several hours till the liquids gone them blendem with a bit of oil for a general purpose tomato based sauce;)

Tuna in August, apple cider this last month, apple pie filling and apples next week end. Going to can up some stew mix, meat, potatoes carrots, probably some salmon when we start catching them next month.

Canning is pretty easy, it is a lot of work. Pretty easy way to store food, we pressure cook everything, never had any problem. You need .75 protein for each person each day, so it makes planning easy.

Just finished 20 pounds of berries last week. My wife and I love to can. It's our time together in the kitchen. I will be making beer this week. The whole community smell so good from our work.
http://www.simplycanning.com/

I pretty much freeze all my berries. Keep some for breakfast and pancake additions, and then will start into making jam the first week or so of December. Christmas gifts for the family and some friends.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top