JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well everyone it is officially Fall. You hopefully know what this means besides hunting. Yes, Momma Bear has been busy canning for our Fall stock of tasty treats that we only have this time of year. She is just about finishing a year's worth of fresh caught Albacore Tuna, her special recipe Apple Sauce/Apple Butter and today mixing up a batch Cranberry Sauce [also makes a great sandwich spread]. Usually these all last us until next Fall - depending entirely upon how much the Daughter snags to take home with her. To paraphrase the Boy Scouts of old ... Be Prepared - and make it taste good too. :D

55 years in my rearview mirror, but making apple cider and putting up sausage [after butchering hogs] is the outstanding memory from my teen years. My late mother-in-law canned until the last few years of her life, and my wife hates it. She doesn't mind preserving if it involves the freezer though. Daughter and daughter-in-law seem to still like canning.

Canning is extremely enjoyable. Up until you realize you need to eat through 30 pounds of peaches in a year or so.

Thanks for the share!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads