JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
may help to market to emergency preparation organizations and distributors. would be helpful for keeping your shop going and get your name out there for other jobs too. i dont have many canned foods in my home nor would i have room for these because i have a small apartment but its still a great looking product and i have no doubt it is much more reliable than most metal or plastic variations from other producers. the low price is a major plus, keep up the exceptional work.

That is a great idea indeed...I have seen similar ideas for soda can dispensers in the fridge....I'm in the long process of re-modeling an old house...Living alone I don't really require that much..However this idea on a smaller scale would be perfect in my pantry area

]

I am happy to report that my beautiful "Can Rotation Rack" which holds approximately 105 cans has been installed into my metal shelves and I along with all my neighbors are absolutely in "LOVE" with this unit. I'm so happy that I no longer have to date each can and that I have them all at my convenience. I can't thank you enough for providing me with the help that I needed.

I will venture to say that I made have to purchase another 48 x 11 x 24 unit again. I will use this one for sometime and see what my additional needs will be.

Thanks again for such a wonderful unit.

Just me

I absolutely love love my unit. I can't thank you enough. The service you provided me with was outstanding. The delivering and receiving of my unit went so smoothly. I just wanted to let you know and all members that I was able to put this unit together myself (no help what-so-ever). The only assistance I needed was to pick it up and slide it into my metal shelving unit. I just can't express how much I love the fact that I purchased this unit and I'm completely 100% satisfied. The construction is great, sturdy, strong and works perfectly. Don't be surprise if you hear from me again wanting to purchase another. Keep up with this great product and thanks again ..........

Very cool, the only thing I don't like about the design is the wood screws in the end-grain of the dowels. I just think they never hold well in the long run. How about some kind of inserts?

Wolfcreek, we are using US made dowels that are Birch and they go together using an 1 1/4" truss head screw and have not had any stripping out. We have even put some together using an impact cordless drill with no stripping.

SCAR Joe, we can custom make any size you want, only limit is the 4' dowels. :s0155:

I started with food storage about a year ago and quickly found out things can get unorganized quickly when it comes to rotating canned goods. I checked out all the plans and the plastic ones which I know over time would break and the cardboard ones which I dont think would hold up all that long and decided to build my own. I have a cabinet shop and being a little slow in these times came up with these. The sides are 1/2" MDF that are cut on a CNC router and can be left natural, painted or stained and the center is 3/4" dowel and 1/4" MDF core melamine. One nice thing that happend by mistake is the dowels work great as handles, you can pull the units out of the pantry for cleaning while full of cans. I designed them to be able to ship flat and be assembled with 8 screws in about 2 minutes. I designed them in 12", 18" and 22" deep and are 11" tall. I am testing the waters here and want to know what you guys think, and what you would be willing to pay for something like this.

The first 3 poeple that PM me with their address, I will send them one to try and test for feedback, and please, only send me a PM if you will actually be trying them and post back here.

YouTube - Can rotation rack.

View attachment 188650

View attachment 188651

View attachment 188652

View attachment 188653

View attachment 188654

YouTube - Can rotation rack.
I would very much like to get these. Are they still available? Please contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280.jpg

Sorry, there was a lot of interest in these but not enough people were actually ordering. I made these back when times were slow but now the shop is very busy. Biggest problem we ran into was while the MDF material is cheap and very durable, it is heavy and shipping cost what they are today it was expensive to ship and that killed a lot of sales.

Late in the conversation I know, but have you tried selling these to providers, such as Shelf-Reliance or MyPatriotSupply.com? Matt Redhawk at MyPatriotSupply would be interested in helping his customers be organized about any measures of self-reliance, as he tries to make it easy on anyone just getting started, or cleaning up decades of efforts... So, maybe you should try that? Check out his site, I bet you'll find him a helpful contact. My husband might be able to make these, but he and I would rather buy them. Seriously, I hope you'll think about it. Sincerely, ~Just a housewife (Mrs. Amy S.)

Also, selling at the Farmer's Market in local areas would likely get you some business. (I just wish these were for #10 cans...) Good luck to you, and I hope you will find a way to make them available.

You are onto a winner here for sure. There are lots of versions around but yours is the best I have seen so far. Maybe once you have an idea of price you could also sell the plans for those of us outside the US? How many cans does each unit hold? I have a shelving unit at the moment that holds 7 cans but I stock 4 times as many of the most used tins.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top