JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad to see that I will be getting one of the test products. I really like the multiple units ( wide and tall). Can't wait to see what pricing turns out to be. The wife always gets on me about rotation when adding new stock, These would make a lazy mans life a lot easier. lol Thanks again bmgm37.

First of all, to those getting the sample, sorry I have not got them shipped yet I will get them out Monday. Got busy at work and then spent my free time working on the other units. All the files for the combinations worked great and we made a 4 high x 5 wide combo. My son is working on a pricing spreadsheet and working on a website. If any of you visit other Preparedness sites feel free to spread the word on these.

Here is how the 4 high x 5 wide, 20 sections and will hold 240 cans turned out.....

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Very interested in the racks. We need something like this for our pantry shelves. I like the improvements and the white melamine sides.

The units in White Melamine were just a test with scraps. Melamine with the Particleboard core would not be as strong and stable in a moist environment and is prone to "blow-outs" where screws are close to the edge and is almost double the cost of MDF. The final units will be MDF which is more dense, easy to machine and easliy painted, stained or left natural. MDF also looks real nice if just a clear poly finish is put on.

The units in White Melamine were just a test with scraps. Melamine with the Particleboard core would not be as strong and stable in a moist environment and is prone to "blow-outs" where screws are close to the edge and is almost double the cost of MDF. The final units will be MDF which is more dense, easy to machine and easily painted, stained or left natural. MDF also looks real nice if just a clear poly finish is put on.

Good to know. I am ready to test one in the pantry if you are ready to sell a small one. I bought the large free-standing Shelf-reliance unit about a year ago and it is in the garage. Works well but your racks look better and don't have small plastic parts to break. I would do every shelf in our pantry with yours if you get up and running on the production.

Given your comments about how you are figuring out how to allow for customers to make adjustments in the size at the time of order I think you will be very successful we these. The ability to allow one to measure their pantry and get a somewhat "custom" fit is something that is lacking in other can rotation systems. Your version, especially with the MDF, looks more at home in a typical kitchen cabinet or pantry too.

Put the can rotator together. It's great. I filled it with twelve cans and then lifted it with the dowels and it transported fine. Brian sent me the long version so it does not fit my pantry shelves but Iam anxious to see a price list for the smaller ones. Great product Brian and thanks for sending me a test unit.

Option to add - especially for larger units: set up the bottom section to accept a bottom plate with wheels. I'd really like to see something like this made of stainless or aluminim. I was looking for one a while back, but they are very expensive, and mostly only set up for 10# cans, for restaurant/institutional use. I wouldn't mind one of those either.

I received my test unit and was impressed. The design is attractive and the workmanship on the cuts and beveling is very nice. These will look nice in your pantry, that is for sure. The assembly process was straightforward. I had a couple of very minor suggestions for Brian and he was very receptive to my ideas. All said, the rotator I received is worth purchasing as is, and I think what ends up being the final 'for sale' product will be even better. Look forward to seeing the website.

We got a little sidetracked as we got busy in the shop all of a sudden. I finally found a supply for domestic Birch dowel, that is US made and round and hard (no jokes please :s0114:)...unlike the import crap. Cavscout made several suggestions which many we were already going to do. Cavscout did point out that if we made a small width adjustment by 1/4" the racks could hold the smaller soup cans through the 30oz cans, while it is easy to adjust the width, the drop down section in the rear needs to be opened up a little more which will take some time with over 48 cad files to modify. Be patient with us, we are working on it.

I will offer the 4 high x 5 wide, 20 sections and will hold 240 cans, 26 3/8" wide x 39 3/4" Tall x 21" deep. Each section will hold 12 - 3" cans. While final pricing is not ready, this unit will sell for around $170 but will sell this shop sample for $120 assembled. While shipping would not be cheap assembled, I will be in Salem for work on May 2nd or 3rd and can bring it up with me if somebody wants to meet me any where between Coos Bay and Salem.

4x5.jpg

If you are following this thread you know I got one of the single sample units and liked it a lot. Just as a further testament to my endorsement I wanted to say that Brian and I worked it out and I'll be buying the prototype unit shown in the post above this. So, yeah, these are good stuff. Once there is a website and firm pricing I'll be passing it along to friends.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top