JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is some people who have a mission..and the stupidity remains unbelievable...sending this to my paramedic son for the you never will believe this sh*t.

On June 1, 2016 at about 8PM, OSP Troopers and emergency personnel responded to a medical call on Highway 58 near milepost 21 (east of Lowell). The initial 911 call reported a male and female had attempted suicide and had nails sticking inside their heads.

Upon emergency crews arriving, they found an adult female and an adult male with multiple nails inside their heads. They were both transported to Sacred Heart Riverbend for treatment of their injuries.

Preliminary investigation revealed Eve PAGLIARO, age 31, of Eugene, and Troy V THOMPSON, age 46, of Creswell, had rented a nail gun with air compressor the day before in the Eugene area. They then drove to Goodman Creek Road east of Lowell on the day of the incident.

The investigation revealed THOMPSON shot PAGLIARO several times in the back of the head with the nail gun. After doing this, THOMPSON shot himself in the back of the head with the nail gun at least once. They were found by other persons who called 911.

PAGLIARO and THOMPSON were taken to Sacred Heart Riverbend for life threatening injuries. Detectives from OSP's Major Crime Section began investigating the incident.

On June 6, 2016, THOMPSON was arrested by OSP immediately after he was released from the hospital. He was lodged at the Lane County Jail for Assault in the 1st degree. PAGLIARO is still in critical condition at Sacred Heart Riverbend.

That must have taken some serious contortionism to get the nail gun pointed at the back of his own head! Suicide yoga...
This is why we need background checks/mental health evaulations performed not just on guns and ammo, but nail guns, drills, spoons, forks, bleach, and Swiss Army knives! (I'm being facetious, if it's not obvious)

Must have been the smaller nail guns..trying to contort yourself to get the safety switch pressed and then trigger it on one of the bigger ones is damn near impossible in a normal construction situation, let alone the back of your head.

Here hold still, let me jam this nail gun against your head. Both will probably be drooling vegetables cared for by the state.

Nail gun control, that is:

Man shoots woman in head with nail gun, then himself, police say (http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/06/man_shoot_nail_gun_at_womans_h.html)

Clearly we need UBCs for Nail Guns and a higher tax on compressors. We've also got to keep people from easily loaning nail guns and/or selling them directly to others (I've even seen these for sale at garage sales!!!).

Nail gun violence has got to stop and the only way to get these nail guns off the streets is to have common sense nail gun laws. Even though some may suggest that the rights of the people to keep and bear construction tools SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, we now know that "like every other constitutional right - [it] is subject to reasonable regulations." [HR Clinton, June 5, 2016]

:confused:

Maybe he couldn't pass a background check! See it's working they weren't injured by guns!

Just more proof of the idiocrisy of gun control laws and how evil will always find a way to do it's harm.

It is an assault nail gun, with a high capacity magazine. We need a NGAWB; Nail Gun Assault Weapons Ban . Don't let those radicals like Bob Villa tell that they have a practical purpose. All you really need is one nail at a time and a hammer. Do it for the children. If it only saves one life. I am not out to take your tools, just common sense construction safety. Only carpenters and cabinet makers can safely wield those tools of construction.

I wouldn't go as far to remove nail guns, but rather have them modified to bolt action only.

And if you want your nail gun to be quite you need to pay a $200 license, wait 6 months and then maybe you can operate your nail gun with less noise.

Nail gun control, that is:

Man shoots woman in head with nail gun, then himself, police say (http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/06/man_shoot_nail_gun_at_womans_h.html)

Clearly we need UBCs for Nail Guns and a higher tax on compressors. We've also got to keep people from easily loaning nail guns and/or selling them directly to others (I've even seen these for sale at garage sales!!!).

Nail gun violence has got to stop and the only way to get these nail guns off the streets is to have common sense nail gun laws. Even though some may suggest that the rights of the people to keep and bear construction tools SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, we now know that "like every other constitutional right - [it] is subject to reasonable regulations." [HR Clinton, June 5, 2016]

:confused:

To whoever moved my thread to off-topic. Thanks for the clarification of where to put it. I debated when I first posted it as to whether it should go under Legal, Legislation, or off-topic. I put it under one of the former two because it was a [sarcastic] commentary on such things, but off-topic makes sense as well, since it isn't specifically/directly addressing current or pending laws/legislation, but I wasn't sure. :)

That said, it's now probably a bit confusing since you moved it under an existing thread as the 8th post. D'Oh! LOL

To anyone else reading this post, it made more sense when this this post was the first post in a new thread entitled "We need more control..." (catchy, eh? hehe), followed by (in the body of this thread) "... Nail gun control, that is." (and then the link to the, at the time, breaking news story).

See, I'm not really a goof ball, who posts things that seem to kind of come out of nowhere, don't follow the flow of a thread already in progress, etc. ;-)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top