JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This old Bersa has suffered from others neglect. It has some rust pitting on the exterior only. Is there a DIY process I can use to improve its appearance? It's a good functioning & firing pistol otherwise. The pitting appears to be very shallow.

bersa.jpg

Can't see the pitting in the picture, the pic is too small. You could parkerize it, or duracoat it. Or have it dipped in chrome :s0114:. Is the rust out of the pitting? You could try and get it out, there are some ideas here http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=513748 . I don't think there's a way to get the pitting "patched" up, but if you duracoated it in a od green or tan color it probably wouldn't be noticable. Or if you did a digi-camo job on it, it would definitely take away alot of the appearance of the pitting. I think duracoating should only be an option if you're gonna do it yourself, I don't know if you want to spend $70-100 or more on a $250 gun, but who knows. If you have an air compressor, you can get an airbrush at harbor freight for about $10 or so, and the duracoat is $17. If you don't have a compressor, you probably know someone who does. You need to degrease the gun before you spray it, you might want to sand it a little with some 400 or 200 grit sandpaper (so the stuff sticks better). I'm assuming the bersa is blued, as I've only seen blued and stainless(nickel?) versions of it, and it doesn't look stainless.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top