JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was REALLY looking hard at the Cross machine and tool full length 15" full pic rail version. This one here:
Product Code: UHPR 15.0 MOD 2-HP

It will be for a 6.5CM 22" bull barrel .875" gas block (extended +2" RLGS)

i was really looking hard at this one but my buddy built his .308 before i could finish this upper and it was ok. The wedge lock system seems just ok. I wish it had more meat across the "strap" that it wedges against for leverage. I do like the stainless sling swivels (but i honestly probably wont use them) and the rail alignment was slightly off (lower, by about a 1/16" - 1/32" clocking was of course spot on) from the M5E1 uppers we are will both be using. It also doesnt look flimsy. I dont like rail with holes to close together (like most rails for AR10's.) Also the barrel nut was great but the wrench was a thick peice of sheet metal. (Kinda lame)

Mainly i want a great strong rail for this beast. No real budget. Ill pay to get quality for this one. I guess $450 is about the max.
Dont know why they cant seem to make a decent rail for AR10's
For reference i like the ALG rails simple cheap and effective. Geissele makes nice rails but i dont think they make a AR10 rail :mad:

TIA!

Not sure what your needs are - I ran this one on my 6.5CM with 24" match barrel. Seems to be fine and I shoot off of the bipod all the time.

UTG PROยฎ M-LOKยฎ DPMS-LR308 High Profile 17" Super Slim Free Float Handguard, Black

Plus it is American design and manufacturer.

I have an SLR Rifleworks Solo Ultralight on my .308 and I love it, strong mounting interface with no alignment issues. They make heavier rails too if you want something more robust.
Midwest Industries makes good products too, I have their 15" Combat Rail on my 5.56 and they do make a .308 version.

I installed a midwest industries. Great handguard. Great fit and finish. Super sturdy.

BA5C7B01-5C30-4A42-B0A4-2C2C9AAAF6E6.jpeg

LaRue is awesome, however, their large frames are of a proprietary nature, slightly higher than DPMS low.
Yeah Larue and JP are tip top. Thinking about applying at Larue actually. "Made in the dead center of".. Not Washington! (Sign me up!)

Yeah i don't recall them having a compatible large frame HG.

The JP ones actually look very nice. Rails are kinda stupid expensive.
I wish more rails came with arca swiss mounts built into the bottoms, they also make great bag riders for the front.
Not a huge fan of screw in rails unless they are backed by steel like the ALG little nut plates. Thats a great durable system. I have a YHM rail that has screw in rails and although i love the HG the rail flexes with attachments.

The Aero M5E1 upper is only compatible with the Aero Enhanced handguard. No other handguard will work.
Yes they do, i have a both a M5E1 and a M5E1-E.
one has the mount milled in and i bought it as a set for my .308 and then i also have the standard threaded style non proprietary. And i also have two toolcraft small firing pin duel ejector bolts for them as well ;) and a backup standard bolt that came with my Craddock barrel which this is for.

The Aero M5E1 looks like this:
View attachment 844767
The Aero M5 (no E1) looks like this and is compatible with handguards using a 1 7/16 16TPI barrel nut, DPMS high profile (0.210"):
View attachment 844771
Ya ok. You get very minor partial credit. But you also forgot the upper one IS CALLED ENHANCED hence the "E" I put up there. I do recall Now buying the M5 LPK.

But to my original point that you were trying to say it doesnt take a hand guard is kinda splitting hairs. But i commend you on your attention to detail. I did buy these YEARS ago and the old mammaries arent what it used to be! :s0066::confused:

Pretty sure most people know what i was referencing though.

Ya ok. You get very minor partial credit. But you also forgot the upper one IS CALLED ENHANCED hence the "E" I put up there. I do recall Now buying the M5 LPK.

But to my original point that you were trying to say it doesnt take a hand guard is kinda splitting hairs. But i commend you on your attention to detail. I did buy these YEARS ago and the old mammaries arent what it used to be! :s0066::confused:

Pretty sure most people know what i was referencing though.
Then you probably wouldn't want to know the difference between an Armalite AR10 and a DPMS LR-308. There are six different receiver/rail profiles or heights that I know of. There are also quirks and variances when it comes to handguards/rails matching a particular upper. As long as you're not very particular with fit and finish, you will find plenty of choices in your quest for a handguard. Good luck with your search.

Then you probably wouldn't want to know the difference between an Armalite AR10 and a DPMS LR-308.
Assuming i dont know the diffrences. (Which would be incorrect)
Not to mention the fact that there is no real standard for the AR10/DPMS patterns for aftermarket parts (which is a small part of the problem im asking about) So its a generalization until the military actually does blueprint it and standardize it like the AR15, Which i hope they still do.

But thanks anyway i guess.

So.. How about we stay on topic.
Which was:
Great handguards for heavy barrel (.875") Aero "M5" uppers.

I installed a midwest industries. Great handguard. Great fit and finish. Super sturdy.

View attachment 844739
That's one thing i actually dont like is really any hand guard that just has a basic simple slit under it that pinches together. Its not clamping evenly around the nut. Ive heard more than one instance of them moving under recoil on normal .223's. It would be 70% better if it was a true split clamp style with a relief cut in it like a T shape. So all the stress isnt focused at the closed end of the slit. Thats just super poor enginerding.

Which sucks because i really do want to like midwest and ADM

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads