JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
A California school banned t shirts with the American flag on May 5th "Cinco de Mayo" and it was upheld in Federal court. The were afraid some students might be offended by the American flag t shirts.

Id pull my kid out of that school so fast his IQ would triple on the way out of the parking lot.

Indoctrination centers
(public schools) teach our young to follow, serve, and submit to their system.

(said as an observation) We as a country kowtow to everyone but whites, conservatives and firearm owners.

Sensitivity training is out of control when the American flag is considered to be derogatory to another nation on US soil no matter what day it is.

YOUR TITLE IS MISLEADING They banned a Tee shirt with the image of an American flag on it. A very different thing then banning the American flag.

Mark
No difference . . . I say again . . .NO DIFFERENCE!!!!

Sheldon

Well yes there is a difference since while this took place out in front of the school an American Flag was flying on the flag pole.

While freedom of speech does give a person in the USA the right to wear a piece of clothing with an image of an American flag on it. That item is in it self NOT and AMERICAN FLAG.

So it is different.

The part about this silly story I don't understand is since Cinco de Mayo is for all intents and purpose an American celebration why would they even care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is the Mexican independence day Same as our 4th of July I am willing to bet that there is not a single person in Mexico that would stop anyone from wearing a Mexican flag on the 4th of July.

Cinco de Mayo is the Mexican independence day Same as our 4th of July I am willing to bet that there is not a single person in Mexico that would stop anyone from wearing a Mexican flag on the 4th of July.

Dude your wrong. Please read up on the subject before posting nonsense.

Cinco de Mayo is generally mistaken to be Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16

Dude your wrong. Please read up on the subject before posting nonsense.

Cinco de Mayo is generally mistaken to be Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16

Well excuse me, the meaning of Cinco de Mayo was explained to me by my Mexican Step Father.

If you knew me MW you would quit your chest pounding. I am just tired of seperate standards.

If someone wants to celebrate being purple I couldn't care less. It doesn't mean I shouldn't wear a blue shirt on that day .

I was in Mexico half day on May 5th last year and see no Mexican celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Once I get back to the United States Southern California I went straight to Wells Fargo Bank to withdrawn a huge amount of money because I got ripped off all my money in Mexico (i was their walking ATM:) that is different story) i saw all the decorations inside the bank so I asked the teller what is the decoration and she looked at me "cinco de mayo" I told her an hour and half
Ago I was in Mexico country and no one know what day it was :) silly Americans wants to get rids of tequila from liquors store.

Well excuse me, the meaning of Cinco de Mayo was explained to me by my Mexican Step Father.

If you knew me MW you would quit your chest pounding. I am just tired of seperate standards.

If someone wants to celebrate being purple I couldn't care less. It doesn't mean I shouldn't wear a blue shirt on that day .

I'm not chest pounding at all. I am just trying to get the facts straight. Nothing I dislike more then people getting all worked up over something they have no understanding of. Or being worked up into a froth by someone skewing the facts to suit their purpose.

The meaning of Cinco De Mayo (May the Fifth) is pretty simple. See my attached Wiki links.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads