JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just because it is printed on the backside of every receipt doesn't mean it's true. They no longer stand behind the Cabelas brand. Below is a e-mail exchange with customer service on the situation.

My original e-mail:
March 23, 2021 with receipt in hand I went into the Boise store to return a Cabelas brand laser bore sight. This is the second one I have returned since I first purchased the item in 2017. The bore sight I am currently returning was bought a few months ago and is malfunctioning just like the first one. The employee was courteous but even after talking to a manager said that there is nothing to be done because I didn't purchase some kind of warranty extension. The back of all your receipts say, 'Cabelas Brand Lifetime Guarantee.' Cabelas brand merchandise is guaranteed for the life of the products against defects in workmanship under normal wear and tear conditions. Doesn't that mean anything? Needless to say I don't want another one of these bore sights, there is most likely a defect in them. Hopefully this problem can be resolved.

There reply:
Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry, we got rid of the lifetime guarantee over 2 years ago. It is a lifetime guarantee not warranty and does not cover anything. It covers defects in the product beside normal wear and tear. It is not the life of the person but the product. But we not longer have that.

My second reply:
The product is defective. In only a few months the switch to turn on the laser doesn't work. I would call that a defect.

And the final:
Good afternoon, I am sorry the guaranteed was no longer good from 2017 going forward, We have a 60 day return policy, I am sorry for this.

cabelas.png

So....
we know about planned obsolescence, does that mean the lifespan of the item is one year? Within that timeframe the item is guaranteed to last that long...?

Wow.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR