JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a brand new Browning X-Bolt from Cabela's 2 months ago. Since the rifle developed a serious problem (cracked action) and I have to send it back to Browning customer service, I left a negative feedback on Cabela's website. After few days, I noticed that my negative feedback was removed. I did not use any inappropriate language. I just described my problem with the rifle. I spent thousands of $$$ at Cabela's. I won't ever spend another cent there.

I purchased a brand new Browning X-Bolt from Cabela's 2 months ago. Since the rifle developed a serious problem (cracked action) and I have to send it back to Browning customer service, I left a negative feedback on Cabela's website. After few days, I noticed that my negative feedback was removed. I did not use any inappropriate language. I just described my problem with the rifle. I spent thousands of $$$ at Cabela's. I won't ever spend another cent there.
That is messed up and I think that is happening at a lot of places now. I pretty much only look at negative or lowest star reviews now and if a product doesn't have any, you can guess the game is rigged at that retailer.

That's a hard one.

Can you 100% put the blame on them?

So many factors play into what could or couldn't have happened to your rifle.

That's why most shops say, and have signage, that states all firearm sales are final. You agreed to that when purchasing a firearm from them.

Most shops won't exactly return a gun, unless it is something along the lines of you return the next day having found a major defect. There was a guy on here that bought a $1500 AR9 and the firing pin broke before even shooting it. The dealer helped reach out to manufacture first. I'd have pushed to return it, but that's on that user, he didn't.

Maybe, and this is stretching it, a weeks time has passed and it's obvious it hasn't been fired, most shops will still only help you get in touch with the manufacture before taking it back. That's about the longest amount of time I've witnessed an actual return, roughly a week from purchase and it had not been fired from the best of multiple shop employees.

Some shops will even facilitate the return to the manufacturers shop for repair or replacement. Timing dependent. This one must be pushed for however, as the typical response is for you to make contact.

Months later and unknown ammo put through it, most direct you to the manufacturers service department and won't want to touch it at that point. Ive seen some crazy things from behind the counter, including a guy that was pissed his AR15 wouldn't chamber a round because he squibbed a 300 blackout in it.

On the subject of deleting reviews, it cert sucks, but I understand the concept.

That's a hard one.

Can you 100% put the blame on them?

So many factors play into what could or couldn't have happened to your rifle.

That's why most shops say, and have signage, that states all firearm sales are final. You agreed to that when purchasing a firearm from them.

Most shops won't exactly return a gun, unless it is something along the lines of you return the next day having found a major defect. There was a guy on here that bought a $1500 AR9 and the firing pin broke before even shooting it. The dealer helped reach out to manufacture first. I'd have pushed to return it, but that's on that user, he didn't.

Maybe, and this is stretching it, a weeks time has passed and it's obvious it hasn't been fired, most shops will still only help you get in touch with the manufacture before taking it back. That's about the longest amount of time I've witnessed an actual return, roughly a week from purchase and it had not been fired from the best of multiple shop employees.

Some shops will even facilitate the return to the manufacturers shop for repair or replacement. Timing dependent. This one must be pushed for however, as the typical response is for you to make contact.

Months later and unknown ammo put through it, most direct you to the manufacturers service department and won't want to touch it at that point. Ive seen some crazy things from behind the counter, including a guy that was pissed his AR15 wouldn't chamber a round because he squibbed a 300 blackout in it.

On the subject of deleting reviews, it cert sucks, but I understand the concept.
I understand that every manufacturer can output some bad products. However, no seller should remove feedbacks that mention these problems. It is a dishonest and very unethical behavior.

I'm not sure why you would have left Cabela's feedback for that at all. The rifle performing well or spontaneously disassembling itself at the range isn't their fault in the slightest. If they provided poor customer service, employed bait and switch tactics or has generally poor pricing.... that's where it's their butt by the fire.

I'm not sure why you would have left Cabela's feedback for that at all. The rifle performing well or spontaneously disassembling itself at the range isn't their fault in the slightest. If they provided poor customer service, employed bait and switch tactics or has generally poor pricing.... that's where it's their butt by the fire.
They have product reviews at cabelas

It is product review. I did not review Cabela's, I reviewed a gun they were selling.
That's what was missing from the OP. In that case, the review should have been let stand. Especially if you had all the information available in the review like ammo used, and round count. That's via information and a good warning review to potential buyers.

Sorry, thought you were reviewing Cabelas.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews