JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So... A Cabela's in another state won't take a credit card to purchase a gun, said they only accept gift cards.

I've purchased guns from other Cabela's recently and used plastic to have guns transferred to my local Cabela's store with no issues. Unless you count being sent the wrong gun, same model with a different serial number than listed, in better condition, almost perfect vs perfect. The one I ordered had box and papers vs delivered had 2 spare magazines. And another where I asked if the AT-84 had import marks on the bottom of the trigger guard, was told none, guess what import marks. I could have refused either of these but neither case was a deal deal breaker just WTF's.

What has me going is the person I talked to on phone said I need to go to my store, buy gift cards and call him back and use the gift cards for the transaction. Also said I would be charged Michigan tax not Idaho and no veterans discount.

Is my scam detector overly sensitive?

I contacted them on the main phone number for the
Auburn Hills - Bass Pro Shops
4500 Baldwin Rd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
(248) 209 - 4200
store.

After posting this morning I drove to my local Post Falls, ID store and had the gun library salesman contact the Auburn Hills store. He got the same story I did.

The story is that bubblegum Pro's and Cabela's over the last year and a half still haven't been able to get their acts together. Bass Pro's apparently can't accept a credit card over the phone. WTF with the help of my wife even I could take a card over the phone, might have to fight her for the money afterwards but...

Tomorrow I'll start rattling cooperate cages and see if they can answer what's going on (or isn't) with their system (or lack of).

I think their idea of providing codes and pins for hundreds of dollars in gift cards is nuts. If it wasent a package I really want I'd just move on but...

I don't think there's any gun package I want badly enough to jump through corporate hoops for. Unless it's a specific one off gun, I can probably get an identical one from a real gun store with less hassle

There is not a gun I want bad enough to subject myself to Cabela's ffl checkout system. I would rather put my wanker in a meat grinder.
I know right? The last time I was in there I was at the checkout and the lady says "strip down, facing me". That did NOT go well. Turns out she was talking about how the credit card goes in the reader. Luckily I had only gotten my shirt off by the time she said something.

:D

Last Edited:
I would be willing to bet the sales tax has a whole lot to do with this. They just don't want to go through the little bit of extra effort.
Possibly but seems odd still. Last couple times I bought a gun off the auction I paid the sales tax here in WA. Ordered the gun, paid with a credit card, FFL used the invoice to charge me sales tax. The stuff the OP is saying sounds totally FUBAR. Like someone in charge has just decided to make things over the top hard because they can or just do not know any better. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top