JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am the owner of a Ruger Mini-14. I admit that it is not a target gun. But it is adequate for what I need. It is stainless steel with a synthetic stock. And, the GREAT news is that Ruger is NOW making factory 20 and 30 round magazines available for it. This I like!
I also own an SKS. I have long wanted a Mini-30 which uses the same ammo. However, Ruger, for some reason, has not seen fit to make factory magazines for it. And, what is the purpose of a 5 shot semi-auto carbine?
Well, guess what? I saw a 2010 Ruger catalog yesterday and you can now purchase a Mini-30 WITH a factory 20 round magazine! However, in the section where they show magazines for purchase, they DO NOT show that they sell these hi-cap magazines separately. If Ruger has any brains, they will make these mags available for separate purchase and will probably start selling more of these carbines. I HOPE SO! I WANT ONE! How about you? Bi-Mart sells these rifles for less than $700.

Or you could call and request magazines from Ruger instead of complaining on an internet forum they don't read. You'll likely make better forward progress! :)

and when you contact them ask them why don't they bring back the mr T factory folding stocks and produce them for the ruger 10/22

people pay $450 for just a folding stock seems like they are missing out on some business they stopped making them to be politically correct but now they jumped on the ar15 band wagon if its a $$ thing tell them they are missing the market one of those things that don't figure

yea fool!!!! I want my Mr. T folding stock!!!

t001.jpg

I guess I'm not as dumb as some of you think! I've been here:

www.ruger.com

Then I clicked on TelltheCEO.

I told him that I want factory made magazines for the Mini-30 if he expects to sell that rifle to me. I said I would need several. So, tell him yourselves and please don't judge others by your own ways of doing things!

I guess I'm not as dumb as some of you think! I've been here:

www.ruger.com

Then I clicked on TelltheCEO.

I told him that I want factory made magazines for the Mini-30 if he expects to sell that rifle to me. I said I would need several. So, tell him yourselves and please don't judge others by your own ways of doing things!

Good work. Maybe if you had said that, and then asked others here to do the same, the original post would have value. YAY! :D

This is the answer that I received from Ruger concerning hi-cap magzines for the Mini-30:

Dear Dario,

They should become available in about 30 days if all the production trials continue to go well...

Best regards,
Mike Fifer, CEO

This is the answer that I received from Ruger concerning hi-cap magzines for the Mini-30:

Dear Dario,

They should become available in about 30 days if all the production trials continue to go well...

Best regards,
Mike Fifer, CEO

Good job, Dario. Looks like you single-handedly pushed them over the finish line to start offering Mini-30 factory mags, which might cause a few of us to want to pick one of those little carbines. :)

I am the owner of a Ruger Mini-14. I admit that it is not a target gun. But it is adequate for what I need. It is stainless steel with a synthetic stock. And, the GREAT news is that Ruger is NOW making factory 20 and 30 round magazines available for it. This I like!
I also own an SKS. I have long wanted a Mini-30 which uses the same ammo. However, Ruger, for some reason, has not seen fit to make factory magazines for it. And, what is the purpose of a 5 shot semi-auto carbine?
Well, guess what? I saw a 2010 Ruger catalog yesterday and you can now purchase a Mini-30 WITH a factory 20 round magazine! However, in the section where they show magazines for purchase, they DO NOT show that they sell these hi-cap magazines separately. If Ruger has any brains, they will make these mags available for separate purchase and will probably start selling more of these carbines. I HOPE SO! I WANT ONE! How about you? Bi-Mart sells these rifles for less than $700.

I've never owned a mini-14. Are they not accurate?

Hi, Gunner: In my opinion the Ruger Mini-14 is a reliable weapon that always goes bang. The problem is that it is built light - you carry one more than you shoot it. It has sufficient accuracy for military and police work. But it is truely not designed to be a target gun.
However, having said that, Ruger does make 2 different target Mini-14's. These guns are more expensive and weigh a couple of pounds more than the regular rifle, so if you want to pay, you can get target accuracy from them. I just prefer the lighter, regular one. If I want to target shoot, I'll use a bolt action.
The Mini-14 is a lot of fun to play with!

I will contact Ruger and ask the same thing but will not lead them to believe that this is an organized campaign of some kind. i don't like the Ruger Mini series of rifles but will help out the brothers who do.

SF-

I like keeping a Mini-14 around for when the M16 jams up like in this video:

th_A-team.jpg

Mini14.jpg

They are also still quite popular with the police
(click on the next tab to see multiple shots of the Mini-14)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sure nice to see Ruger making 20 and 30 rd mags again. I have a couple of old 30 rounders that must be at least 25 years old. And they look it. I didn't think I'd see genuine Ruger 30 rounders again.

These are the good ol days!

It's sure nice to see Ruger making 20 and 30 rd mags again. I have a couple of old 30 rounders that must be at least 25 years old. And they look it. I didn't think I'd see genuine Ruger 30 rounders again.

These are the good ol days!

saw a stainless one at a gunshow 9 years ago for a large sum of money im 20

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews