JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys thought I would share some info, I bought a case of .243(400 round count) of Fiocchi PerFecta Rifle Ammunition PF243000, 243 Winchester, Soft Point (SP), 100 GR, 3400 fps, 20 Rd - Able Ammo .243, it was pretty cheap 8.50 per 20 round count box. I thought it would good for plinking. this past week end I took 5 boxes with me and headed to my friends farm gun range, i fired 3 rounds then the 4th one would not go all the way forward in the chamber, mmmm ok, i manged to pull it out, it looked ok, reloaded and the same thing happened with the next 8 rounds, after that i wouldn't touch it. When I got home I emailed the place i bought it from Discount Hunting Supplies & Shooting Supplies, Ammunition - Able Ammo. After 2 days I called them, no answer just voice mail, i emailed them 3 more times...nothing. So on a hunch i decided to email or call..fiocchi ammo to see if they could help, and look what i found....Product Warnings and Recalls. recall, ammo possible loaded with double bullets WTF, talk about getting someone injured or even killed. So I emailed them, got a very fast response and the person that is handling all this will be back into the office on Tuesday, and he will take care of my refund or look at replacing the .243 with other ammo product. Ables ammo is still selling this junk on their website, should i contact the ATF...So just beware of ables i have bought from them before however they lost a good customer for sure...stay safe ps...the codes are stamped on the inside of each box, however a lot of them can not be read they look like someone has tampered with them, hhhmmmmmmmmm???????

IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1171.JPG

Last Edited:
Hey guys thought I would share some info, I bought a case of .243(400 round count) of Fiocchi PerFecta Rifle Ammunition PF243000, 243 Winchester, Soft Point (SP), 100 GR, 3400 fps, 20 Rd - Able Ammo .243, it was pretty cheap 8.50 per 20 round count box. I thought it would good for plinking. this past week end I took 5 boxes with me and headed to my friends farm gun range, i fired 3 rounds then the 4th one would not go all the way forward in the chamber, mmmm ok, i manged to pull it out, it looked ok, reloaded and the same thing happened with the next 8 rounds, after that i wouldn't touch it. When I got home I emailed the place i bought it from Discount Hunting Supplies & Shooting Supplies, Ammunition - Able Ammo. After 2 days I called them, no answer just voice mail, i emailed them 3 more times...nothing. So on a hunch i decided to email or call..fiocchi ammo to see if they could help, and look what i found....Product Warnings and Recalls. recall, ammo possible loaded with double bullets WTF, talk about getting someone injured or even killed. So I emailed them, got a very fast response and the person that is handling all this will be back into the office on Tuesday, and he will take care of my refund or look at replacing the .243 with other ammo product. Ables ammo is still selling this junk on their website, should i contact the ATF...So just beware of ables i have bought from them before however they lost a good customer for sure...stay safe ps...the codes are stamped on the inside of each box, however a lot of them can not be read they look like someone has tampered with them, hhhmmmmmmmmm???????

View attachment 573673 View attachment 573674
Sorry about the bad link i think i fixed it, dang interwebbs lololol.

I use a lot of Fiocchi ammo. The place selling it to you shows VERY poor service. I am glad to hear the manufacturer is backing their products. I would not deal with the people who sold it to you again.
Yeah, normally Fiocchi is top notch ammo!

I also had issues with Fiocchi ammo. Mine was 150 grain 300 blackout. No hole between the primer and the powder. I contacted Fiocchi and they took care of me. They should take care of you too. Fantastic customer service

Did Fiocchi confirm that the Perfecta was part of the recall? It sounds like they did based on their response to you, but it's not shown or mentioned on the page you linked.

@Rem700..300
FYI...
Product Warnings and Recalls
Yeah its all of the perfecta line they list the first 3 numbers 001 all the way to 008, and this stuff is all over the internet, pretty scarey

View attachment 573673 View attachment 573674

That sounds ugly . A double sounds like it might create high pressure .would be interesting to take one apart a have a look.

Product Warnings and Recalls
Yeah its all of the perfecta line they list the first 3 numbers 001 all the way to 008, and this stuff is all over the internet, pretty scarey
I'm still not seeing it. The page you linked only mentions Fiocchi, and I don't see the name Perfecta anywhere. Any chance you can point out what I should be looking for?

Also, is there any chance you can take a photo of the product number on one of your ammo boxes for me? Thanks!

It's posts like this that keep me from buying "budget" ammo, I even avoid WWB :rolleyes:. Won't buy steel cased at all, my goto for pistol ammo is usually either Blazer Brass or Speer Lawman, depending on which is cheaper in bulk at the time, I've trusted CCI/Speer for decades. In .223/5.56, I've had good luck with MEN and MagTech for range/class ammo, IMI is good for commercial target ammo, for anything else, I reload. All that said, I guess even then I've been lucky, in 1000's of rounds fired, I've never had an ammo related issue in commercial ammo, and only a couple of issues with my reloads, none of those being life or gun threatening. Gotta say, though, if those were double bullet loads, I'd think you'd have noticed the weight difference, I sure notice the difference when I pick up a .45 ACP vs. a 9mm. Just glad no one got hurt, nothing got damaged, and the company is taking care of it. Later.

Dave

Gotta say, though, if those were double bullet loads, I'd think you'd have noticed the weight difference ...
That's funny, I was just going to post the same thing!

A quick check with a reloading scale would quickly cull any bad rounds. I've had to do this once before when a friend mixed up a few boxes of 150gr & 180gr .300 Win Mag. It was easy enough to spot the 30gr difference, so 100gr should be a cake walk, aside from being time consuming.

I bet Dave is right, you could probably feel the weight difference by hand.

As for factory ammo, I've seen quite a few oddities in my time. Remington 9mm with a sideways primer, .223 with an upside down primer, crumpled case necks, bullets seated almost completely in the case, and my personal favorite, a Remington Peters .22 shell where the bullet was a complete cylinder of lead with just a hint of a nose!

Those are all flukes though, one-off mistakes. To have entire lots of ammunition that can have two bullets in one case is rather concerning. To me, that means both the machine/machine operator and QC failed in their duties. Unfortunately these things happen, but they shouldn't. I'm surpised there weren't enough safeguards in place to catch this in the assembly line.

That being said, Fiocchi is generally regarded as good ammo, aside from the flash holes sometimes being off center. I personally won't let this stop me from shooting Fiocchi or Perfecta, but I certainly understand those that choose to avoid it.

Glad nobody got maimed.

I've purchased Winchester ammo more than a few times over several decades. Twice, I had a run of misfires, drifting primers, squibs, duds and semi-duds. Since all ammo sales are final at any store, I went directly to Winchester. In both cases, Winchester sent me pre-paid shipping labels to return the ammo and refunded my money, without a receipt. I suppose they did that because, even if 6 bricks of .22lr (or .38spl) were purchased 5 years ago, it still says "Winchester" on the box, if not on every round. Last time I checked, they can't risk bad ammo floating around out there, destroying their reputation when guns blow up - or worse.

Ruger and S&W both responded similarly (with quick free repairs, and one replaced pistol) when I had QA issues with their firearms. Presumably for the exact same reasons.

Back to substandard ammo. I don't know how Fiocchi might handle the same problem, but it's certainly worth going straight to the manufacturer (persistently) and finding the right person/department to address this. Best of luck.

I'm still not seeing it. The page you linked only mentions Fiocchi, and I don't see the name Perfecta anywhere. Any chance you can point out what I should be looking for?

Also, is there any chance you can take a photo of the product number on one of your ammo boxes for me? Thanks!
No its right there on the top of the page just click the link, and there is a photo of one of the numbers stamped on the inside of the boxes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top