JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I want to install an alarm system at my office/workshop as the area continues to disintegrate (junkies galore). My first pic was ADT as we have that at the house. Bizarrely, they don't service this area. (Could install in a house in the forest, but not business in town? :s0076:) So, I am looking at alternatives. Brinks gave us decent quote, but neglected to mention, until the last minute we'd be locked into a three year contract, so that got nixed.

Any recommendations? Thanks much. :)

So, I want to install an alarm system at my office/workshop as the area continues to disintegrate (junkies galore). My first pic was ADT as we have that at the house. Bizarrely, they don't service this area. (Could install in a house in the forest, but not business in town? :s0076:) So, I am looking at alternatives. Brinks gave us decent quote, but neglected to mention, until the last minute we'd be locked into a three year contract, so that got nixed.

Any recommendations? Thanks much. :)
Assuming there is cell service I would use Simplisafe. It is stupid easy to set up, $25 a month for the full set up monitoring and control from remote, and no contract. You can start and stop any time.

@Alexx1401 thanks much. Just built a system to cover the office/workshop and it was like $150 total for the hardware. Very nice. :)
I had a couple people I work with using them for a while. I kept meaning to do it and putting it off. Mainly since someone is almost always here. Few times when no one was it was making me worry. Stupid new damn laws I have never had this many guns and any one time and all I could think of was if someone got in and managed to get out with a bunch of them what a PITA it would be. Co worker got hit one night while at work and that made me pull the trigger and order. As soon as I plugged it in and set it up I could not see why I had not just done it years earlier. It was so damn easy and cheap. :)

I want to swap to SimpliSafe from Brinks, who bought out the alarm company I originally had and raised the wireless monitoring monthly fee to $60/mo.... the system I "built" on their website needed to cover all my needs is over $1,500 so I've been holding off making the switch.... someday.... soon. ;)

I appreciate the recommendation. The other companies were difficult to work with, much more expensive, and literally 100% of the local companies wouldn't return my call or reply to my e-mail. I was able to build a system and buy it with Simplisafe in a matter of minutes.

This area continues to circle the drain. I'm finding alcohol bottles and used hypodermic needles in my office parking lot and evidence of people going through the trash bin outside. Fortunately, the police department is like four blocks away, so presumably they'd respond to an alarm quickly.

I want to swap to SimpliSafe from Brinks, who bought out the alarm company I originally had and raised the wireless monitoring monthly fee to $60/mo.... the system I "built" on their website needed to cover all my needs is over $1,500 so I've been holding off making the switch.... someday.... soon. ;)
Dude just order one. I am trying to get Wife to swap out hers at work. She has one she set up with Comcast that is running them $85 a month and I can't remember what they charged to set it up but I know it was not cheap. All of it's hard wired so if they want to swap anything they have to have them come back. This thing you just do it yourself, if you need more sensors you can buy as many as you need and control it from your smart phone and or a PC. Not to mention you can change or cancel at any time. One hell of a great set up.
I told Wife if she wants to get one for her work I would come in and set it up for then free. I was shocked at how easy it is.

I appreciate the recommendation. The other companies were difficult to work with, much more expensive, and literally 100% of the local companies wouldn't return my call or reply to my e-mail. I was able to build a system and buy it with Simplisafe in a matter of minutes.

This area continues to circle the drain. I'm finding alcohol bottles and used hypodermic needles in my office parking lot and evidence of people going through the trash bin outside. Fortunately, the police department is like four blocks away, so presumably they'd respond to an alarm quickly.

The best part of this is if you include a camera like I did. If the system goes off they can see and hear. So when they call the law they are saying they see someone broke in, so law knows it's not just another false alarm. This should make the response a little better as I know Cops hate wasting time running to false alarms.

They actually threw in a free camera, which is nice. :)
Mine came with one camera and 2 of the motion sensors. From what I see they seem to offer different packages. I got the 9 piece which was the camera, 2 motion and the rest door/ window. This worked fine for us. I alarmed all 3 entry doors and the door where the main safe is. Then put a motion downstairs and upstairs. So figure that will cover all. Camera in pointed where it sees the front door and living room along with the stairs to the bedrooms, so if someone comes in they will be seen. The one co worker said she got hers at Cosco and they have different options depending on how much stuff you want. Assuming its cheaper to get the stuff in a kit than to buy it separately. I did like how I can any time later buy more of any of the stuff to add to it if I wish. That was one of the big selling points for me. While ago I helped Father in Law set up a dog door at his house like we have. He had to have his alarm Co come and move the sensor for the door the dog door was going into since it's hard wired. On this thing if I want to change anything I can just do it myself:):)

As a follow up we got to test ours tonight LOL. I had to go in early. Wife has been doing some long days with work and her Mom, so was napping. I set the alarm to home, so only doors armed. Texted her, said it's armed so if you open any doors turn it off. She forgot one of the doors is the door to the closet the safe is in and opened that door. Set it off and she of course dis armed it in time. I got the message that it had gone off and been disarmed, showed me a clip of her doing it. Then a few later the monitoring people called wife just to make sure she had not turned it off from Duress, as in someone telling her to. Now that impressed me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top