JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering if there is anybody who teaches people how to build ar15 from kits out there. Im sure there area many who would like to learn and maybe a class or something?

Building from a kit? Don't really need to know anything but how to assemble the trigger parts in a lower receiver. But most kits come with instructions on how to do just that....and I'm sure YouTube has some videos on it.

if your concerned get some headspace gauges . and follow the instructions pretty easy

Unless your a gunsmith or experienced you will not be doing anything reguarding setting the headspace . this is done by the manufacture . sometimes when using used parts from different sources you may run into headspace issues with a worn out bolt or barrel or if a new part is out of spec which is rare

I'm more worried about the headspacing then anything.

All upper assemblies and kits you buy are head-spaced and test fired as if it is a complete rifle. If you were buying a barrel, upper receiver and assembling it yourself, then I'd be worrying about the head-space. However, as eldbillbo states, you can buy a gauge and check this yourself if you are worried about it. But of all the uppers I've purchased and used, none were improperly gauged. The only gun I've ever seen that was a no-go was a complete S&W M&P AR-15 that belonged to a friend of mine.

Almost all the time the barrel will have the the barrel extension preinstalled and set to proper headspace. As long as you don't get something way out of spec you should have no problem mix and matching barrels and bolts.

Buying from quality manufacturers should keep you in spec regarding the headspace. If you decide to go the route of buying separate pieces rather than a pre-assembled upper, then take it to a decent gunsmith when you're done and have him check the headspace. An honest gunsmith won't charge you all that much to check headspace on a clean, un-fired gun (a lot of the usual charge is getting the gun properly clean before the check). That will give you good piece of mind.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top