JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is your Trophy Hunter an Accustock version, or pre-accustock?
The bottom metals are very different.
Are your barrel & receiver blued or stainless?
Plus, were you planning on using an internal box with floorplate, or a magazine fed?

Is your Trophy Hunter an Accustock version, or pre-accustock?
The bottom metals are very different.
Are your barrel & receiver blued or stainless?
Plus, were you planning on using an internal box with floorplate, or a magazine fed?
Not sure what an Accustock is This stock has no bottom metal what so ever. The trigger is an accutrigger.The trigger guard and magazine box are molded into the stock. I am hoping to use a magazine fed with the mag catch on the metal. The action is blued the barrel is not part of the project as it is being replaced with an E.H.Shaw

Last Edited:
OK here is what I have and what I would like to end up with.

First the bottom of my Trophy Hunter 111

Z7OHL4k.jpg

Next what I think I need to be able to swap over to a Boyds stock

L2mecOr.jpg

Is this something I need to contact Savage about or is there a source after market?

I don't know why this is hanging me up so much I am usually very good at this type of thing.

35 Whelen...great choice!
Somewhat forgotten and overlooked. Often mispelled.
I've played around with both the Whelen and the 350 Rem Mag. Both are great elk rounds and their performance is nearly identical.
My elk load is 225 BarnesTSX and TAC powder at about 2800 fps. In my experience TAC is unbeatable for the 35's.
I considered ackleying my chamber, but with this load there is really no benefit. The few extra fps is quickly lost downrange with low BC 35 cal bullets. And anyway, most ackley gains are from higher pressure loading. If you want more retained velocity downrange, the sleeker 338 mag is a better choice.
Hope you enjoy your rifle!

Sounds like the OP is set on the Whelen.
I would have taken a look at 338-06 and maybe he did.
[/QUOTE]
That 338-06, along with the 6.5-06 have tempted me. But, decided not to go wildcat. My 35's (like 356 Win) are as obscure as wildcats, but still SAAMI.

You're going to love the 35 Whelen it works great for deer, black bear, and elk here in the coastal rainforests that I haunt... Never had a critter go further than 30 yards after impact with mine... Enjoy 🍻

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top