JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered a gun that hasn't shipped yet and looking at the order it appears that I accidently clicked on the wrong FFL for delivery. I contacted them via their chat line and was told to call tomorrow and ask for a supervisor and maybe they could cancel my order. I'm a little slow sometimes, but I think I get the message. The gun I bought is in high demand right now and I feel lucky to have got it, so I guess I'll just try to be more careful in the future. CZ Shadow 2. :)

When I lived in KY I nt to Buds gun shop often. Awesome range and great people there.
They have great prices, but I have heard several bad things about their auctions.
I agree on price and the ease of the purchase. I think they have so much business that they didn't want to be bothered fixing my screw up.

How for away is the dissected FFL from you?

Its closer than the one I chose. I know the other owner and trust him and his prices. I'm also in AZ for another month and am concerned about these guy's holding the gun for me. Things will work out.`

If it hasn't shipped, it shouldn't be an issue. I would call them and ask to change it. I don't see a huge amount of work for them to do that.

This gets better. I got an email today saying that the gun was going to my FFL of choice and another email to call them. I called and was told that the gun was no longer available. Funny they had 10 when I ordered and paid immediately with a CC. I have purchase confirmation and a email stating the order was in the shipping dept. I told them to refund my money and Bud can kiss my arse.

This gets better. I got an email today saying that the gun was going to my FFL of choice and another email to call them. I called and was told that the gun was no longer available. Funny they had 10 when I ordered and paid immediately with a CC. I have purchase confirmation and a email stating the order was in the shipping dept. I told them to refund my money and Bud can kiss my arse.
That sucks, I too would have a sour taste if they did that to me.

Ordered from them three times. Luckily it has always been decent for me. Sorry to hear about your experience. I had PSA try something similar but they made good on it.

I haven't had any issues with Buds. Sorry to hear about your issues. The Shadow 2 appears to be hard to get right now. On another note, I just got a shipping notification from them this morning of my suppressor ready SA XD that I had on layaway. Will be at my LGS on friday.

I've used Buds many times and never had a problem.

It could be the design of their computer system and something called "Ability to Promise" (ATP) in supply-chain lingo. For example, customer rep 1 cancels your Order since you specified the wrong FFL. The gun goes back into available inventory, someone online just happens to see it is available and orders it, and *poof* it is removed from available inventory before customer rep 1 has a chance to create the new Order.

Also, note that Buds has a Wish List function for registered users and will email people as soon as something on their Wish List comes back into inventory. I've successfully used this to get a popular item in the past - I was creating an Order for the gun within 15min of getting the email from Buds.

Net: I don't think Buds was out to screw you. It is likely a combination of how their supply chain works and sheer demand for the gun. You said it's a popular gun in short supply so I'm not surprised if it quickly got sold.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top