JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I joined back in march and it seems I haven't posted since then, so I thought I would share my experience upgrading my Buckmark target gun to a red-dot sight. I was pretty good with the iron sights and 10-15 yards, and enjoyed the buckmark sights well enough, but wanted to spend a little money on the gun and get a rail and scope for it. The addition was a UTG 1x30 red/green dot sight from Amazon (cheap, I know, but I wanted it for fun not for breaking my bank account...). We took it out for a go this afternoon and the difference between it and the iron sights is basically night and day. I really love the dot sight and would recommend it for any plinker who doesn't mind their pistol getting a little heavier. It makes the thing so much easier to just point and shoot!

Ok I think I've got my giddyness out for one evening. Thanks for reading, and a photo is attached.

Improved-buckmark.jpg

I bought a slightly different/more expensive model, wish I had seen that one it's a good price. Yeah I know more expensive and better ones are available but if you're looking to just have some fun I did some research and it seems the leapers is one of the better liked ones at between $30-40.

Not bad, but personally I would go with a mini-red dot for pistols.

And probably open vs. tubular one as well. Better FOV and less bulky. But hey for $30 bucks kind of hard to argue. I have a leapers branded red-dot that works great for my 10/22.

Yeah that is my eventual plan, to go to an open sight that's better quality. This little red-dot will go on my 10/22 once I have the money to get one. I'll get a real nice sight for my pistol once I make the switch. I just didn't trust the open dot sights that are available under $50 to work well for long. Some of the feedback I read seemed to suggest they weren't all that great.

I have a burris Fastfire II on my Buckmark that I shoot open class steel matches at Paul Bunyan in Puyallup, wa with. I like it alot, it makes it very quick to acquire targets. I think red dot sights are great for speed, and it is nice to be able and keep both eyes open when you shoot.
Buckmark.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top