JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I joined back in march and it seems I haven't posted since then, so I thought I would share my experience upgrading my Buckmark target gun to a red-dot sight. I was pretty good with the iron sights and 10-15 yards, and enjoyed the buckmark sights well enough, but wanted to spend a little money on the gun and get a rail and scope for it. The addition was a UTG 1x30 red/green dot sight from Amazon (cheap, I know, but I wanted it for fun not for breaking my bank account...). We took it out for a go this afternoon and the difference between it and the iron sights is basically night and day. I really love the dot sight and would recommend it for any plinker who doesn't mind their pistol getting a little heavier. It makes the thing so much easier to just point and shoot!

Ok I think I've got my giddyness out for one evening. Thanks for reading, and a photo is attached.

Improved-buckmark.jpg

I bought a slightly different/more expensive model, wish I had seen that one it's a good price. Yeah I know more expensive and better ones are available but if you're looking to just have some fun I did some research and it seems the leapers is one of the better liked ones at between $30-40.

Not bad, but personally I would go with a mini-red dot for pistols.

And probably open vs. tubular one as well. Better FOV and less bulky. But hey for $30 bucks kind of hard to argue. I have a leapers branded red-dot that works great for my 10/22.

Yeah that is my eventual plan, to go to an open sight that's better quality. This little red-dot will go on my 10/22 once I have the money to get one. I'll get a real nice sight for my pistol once I make the switch. I just didn't trust the open dot sights that are available under $50 to work well for long. Some of the feedback I read seemed to suggest they weren't all that great.

I have a burris Fastfire II on my Buckmark that I shoot open class steel matches at Paul Bunyan in Puyallup, wa with. I like it alot, it makes it very quick to acquire targets. I think red dot sights are great for speed, and it is nice to be able and keep both eyes open when you shoot.
Buckmark.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads