JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That doesn't happen up in this area.

It's really hard to describe just how remote and away from everything this place is. You have to go up a mountainside and cross multiple private roads to get to where he was at. There are no patrols, there are not even maintained roads or street signs. Most of the properties don't have addresses. The post office, UPS and FedEx don't go up there.

The only time a cop would show up is if you called him there - and even then he probably wouldn't be able to find it, if they even tried.
B645h9BIMAI1V68.jpg

That doesn't happen up in this area.

It's really hard to describe just how remote and away from everything this place is. You have to go up a mountainside and cross multiple private roads to get to where he was at. There are no patrols, there are not even maintained roads or street signs. Most of the properties don't have addresses. The post office, UPS and FedEx don't go up there.

The only time a cop would show up is if you called him there - and even then he probably wouldn't be able to find it, if they even tried.
Sounds like my dream home.

It's pretty plain that in cities and towns. people have less respect for private property than ever. Out in the wilds, I'm not sure, but probably as a general attitude. But in the latter case, I think increased mobility may have something to do with it. Meaning, more and more people have quads and 4x4 vehicles than ever before. It gives them a deeper reach into back country. When I was a teenager in the 1960's and first going to remote places, 4x4's were rare. My cousin had a beat-up International Scout but it was something of an oddity. Not many people yet had trail bikes. One Vietnam buddy of mine had a Tote Goat which was unusual. Those three wheelers were just coming out but quads as we know them now weren't in many hands. But in the decades after that, people starting getting all kinds of equipment to explore the "wilderness" with. Plus the general increase of population, which pushed more people out there. Oh, and in Winter time, it's snowmobiles.

Plus the general increase of population, which pushed more people out there.
That and the decrease in public areas to recreate in and private timberland open too.

Back in the early 70s places like the reservoir behind Dallas, OR, and much of the coastal range, were open to dirt biking, 4 wheeling and hunting. But the population in Salem grew fast, there were people stealing timber (cutting it for firewood), dumping trash, and starting forest fires. Also pot farms and mobile meth labs.

So now a lot of it is closed off, which puts more pressure on land that is still open and people trespass on private land.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top