Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

browning medalist

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by garripputo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. garripputo

garripputo vancouver, wa Member

This is a very rare browning medalist made in 1973 (i think). These have not been made since 1975... They were made in belgium and are one of the finest and most accurate 22 target pistols ever made. You dont see these very often, and you definatly dont see them in this condition.... The gun looks almost new! It comes with the display case shown and a second magazine. Not looking for any trades on this one... Cash only. If anyone is serious and would like more pics please let me know.

$1100

2. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

times like this it sux to be a lefty:(

3. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

I feel your pain.........

4. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I was just looking at those pics and thinking that very thing.....then I get to your post!:)

5. garripputo

i will accept offers on this, but keep them reasonable... you know what they are worth.

6. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

oh I wish I wish.... he says, salivating......

7. garripputo

I will take $1000 for this... Need to move it. This is an amazing gun at an amazing price!

8. garripputo

anyone??? 950?

9. redmistnmysight

redmistnmysight ..... Member

beautiful pistol......to bad that the gun is only as good as the marksman.........this means me.......i could never do it justice.......my excuse for not buying it. great fun pistol wish i could have it.

10. Blov

Blov Oregon Central Coast Member

Stunning pistol. I'm afraid if I bought it there would be trouble at home.;)

11. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

dido

12. garripputo

well from what i see on gunbroker and gunsamerica this is a sweet deal so someone has to want it before i post it there!

13. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I've been watching Gunbroker and AuctionArms, and found several of these. Two are breand new in the box, a few have sold in the high hundreds (I think one closed at about $700), and a bunch of them got no bids, or didn't meet reserves that appeared to be in the low teens.... one was at $1100 and hadn't met reserve...... relisted.

I had thought about getting one, even had one guy agree to a layaway 90 days to pay. Instead I found a different model Browning I've bought..... no, not a Mdealist, but I doubt I'm an accurate enough shooter the difference in the gun would show!! Decided a good user is better for me than a near-new showpiece......

In any case, yes, that IS a gorgeous gun, complete with all the goodies, and rathre collectible. My sense of things (well, whaddoo EYE know ennyway?) is that the present price of $950 is good value for both a new owner to pay, and the present owner to get. If I had it to list on GB I think I'd put it up with a reserve at a thou, or perhaps a tad more. One of the real pretty ones did bid up to eleven hun, but the reserve was higher than that. I think this one is the equal of that one....

I don't think anyone would go wrong with this one at the present asking price..... though with some judicious shopping and hitting the end of auction just right, one might get one almost as good for a bit less. If you're going to take it out and USE it, this one would soon enough look like that one anyway!! (something about where we take these things....)

enough prattling.....

off

14. Herbert Reed

Herbert Reed Central Arkansas New Member

garripputo,
    If you still have it and would take $950 shipped, I'll take it. Please send private message.
    Regards

15. garripputo

spf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.