JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently ordered the new (er) Browning Maxus, 12ga, 3.5", 28" barrel, Camo. I've been reading a lot about it but I have yet to talk to anyone live as to how it operates in the field. The Benelli SBE II was my second choice but decided on the Browning due to weight, design and my cousin has 3 Benelli's and I've seen them stutter every so often. Does anyone have any first hand information on the Maxus? Thanks.

I guess I'm a little confused... I posted the original question on the 13th and nobody has commented positive or negative which makes believe I've done something wrong in the posting process. If so, please notify me in some way. It's hard to believe that with all the experts on here, who comment on all sorts of posts, not one person has a comment on the Maxus? Huh? It's a crazy world we live in.

To RollingThunder,

I'm curious, you mentioned that you have seen "stutters" with the Benelli SBE. What happened? I've been looking at them for awhile, getting close to buying one. My hunting partner has had one for a good number of years and hasn't had any malfunctions.

Were the "stutters" with light loads?

Thx

To nw17hmr :
Yes, they were light loads. We were shooting some clays when the Benelli did not go into battery. All you hear is a click. Mind you, it could have been from poor cleaning, bad ammo, or any number of things. I have two family members with Benelli's and even though they have "stuttered" a few times, I believe it's a great all around hunting machine. I like to be a little different and am willing to step out and try something new like the Maxus. In watching all the videos, reading all the articles and feeling the Maxus really put me in the buying frame of mind. If you've not held one, do. The soft rubber coating feels good and the gun just pulls up so nice. The Browning is a little bit less money too. Hope this helps. What's the saying. . . if it wears a skirt or is mechanical, you will have problems with it!