JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any members own or had a chance to use one of these nifty little rigs?

I am thinking about buying one, but I am a little concerned about the blowback action and my face being so close to the action while firing. If you have one or have shot one did it give you any blowback in your face/eyes? How is the accuracy on these guns? What kind of optics did you put on it?

Just looking for a little feedback and first hand experience with the Buckmark 22 rifle.

Thanks!

I had one. Great little rifles.

Pluses;
Feels good in the hand
Looks good
Lots of fun
Reliable
Accurate
Different then the guy with a 10/22

Negatives;
The way the stock fits I could not easily reach the safety
With a silencer the bolt noise was VERY loud. It was at least 2x as loud as my next loudest gun. It was not pleasant to shoot that way. It is fine stock when using hearing protection
Limited to 10rd mags. May or may not be an issue for you
Mags cost over $20 each. Again may or may not be a problem.

DSC06623.jpg

Thanks for the info Nwcid!
I didn't think about checking to see if I could get to the safety easily. I did notice that it was about impossible to reach the mag release with your shooting hand(right). The 10 round thing is ok with me since it will just be a plinker, I really like the look of those little rifles. Did you ever get a puff of blowback in your face/eyes at all when shooting yours?

... I am a little concerned about the blowback action and my face being so close to the action while firing.

For what it's worth, the vast majority of .22 rifles have blowback actions. The bolt/slide is exposed on the Buckmark, but otherwise it works like a Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60, etc. The gases go out the barrel and ejection port, not out the back.

I have the pistol and love it, never had an issue and it's nothing but accurate. I can only imagine with a longer barrel how it may shoot.

I had no idea the Buckmark was even manufactured as a rifle. -Go figure.

I've been lusting after one of their pistols for a long time, but have been satisfied with my Colt Woodsman Series 1 1933 model.

The only competitors I have to that are my Sig P220 with a .22 upper and my 60's vintage SW Model 17.

Thanks for the feedback on the blowback:s0114:

I was only concerned about the blowback possibilities because the design on the Buckmark has both sides of the action/load/eject port open whereas most other blowback operated 22 semi-auto actions are only open on the right hand side of the action away from a right-handed shooters face...

But it sounds like it is a non-issue even with a suppressor attached which usually makes blowback more pronounced.

Thaks again!!!

Now anyone got one for sale or know where I can find one?