JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was told it was a project that Elmer Keith worked on in Ogden during the Second World War. We got to see and play with a number of different Toys while I was at APG. :D:D:D
Keith didn't work at Ogden after WW2. Or at least long after. I spent an afternoon with him at his shop in Salmon after killing a bear near Shoup early in my hunt. Had a few days to kill and wandered into his shop. He knew some of my realitives here in Idaho, we (my unit) had just done a rescue of a logger near Salmon that had been well publicized.........so the conversation was on, for 4 hrs.

Maverick 88 will take all the furniture a Mossburg 500 takes and supposedly is half the price and screw for screw the same internally as well.

As was said though, if you've made up your mind then go with what toots your horn;)

Last Edited:
Try to shoot one first if you haven't already. I love the look/nostalgia/history of the A5, but have never been a fan of the recoil operated semi-auto shotguns. Much prefer a gas gun instead. All personal preference, but I would try to shoot one before you go making your trade. Good luck!