JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says, I just received my backorder of magazines I placed in early December. Well to my surprise I received an extra mag in my order a kind of bonus mag so to speak.
Im a bit conflicted, I base much of my character off of honesty as a man and business owner. I shot brownells an email (because their phones are all busy) asking if they'd like me to ship it back.

Fair is fair and I wasn't charged for this extra magazine. I don't know if this is a business tactic and they are giving all their back ordered magazine orders a free mag? Or if this is a political tactic and they are helping to further arm fellow patriot Americans?..or perhaps the kid filling the order just fudged up..

Like I said, as a fellow business owner I'd certainly appreciate the honesty from a customer, especially if it meant costing my business money. And I sure do know there are a ton of guys out there who might need this extra magazine more than I. If brownells just says "keep it" I'll add this to my scavenger hunt I've posted on here. (I haven't really progressed with the hunt because I've been so busy with work). Andperhaps,some lucky man or woman will find it. :)

Anyhow, just wondering what you all might have done?

Yeah, when they shipped my +5 extension tube they might as well have just shipped me one part at a time. The package was in shambles and all the minor parts were nearly out of the box.

I would have done the same as you. Its only a mag but it would have eaten me up knowing my character had been compromised for something so small. It starts with something small and snowballs from there.

My last order of ammo was shipped so poorly, it appeared as if they repackaged the rounds into used boxes, taped those boxes up, threw them into the shipping box with a deflated shipping bubble, then shook it around for a while before sending it to UPS thereby dislodging three full boxes so they rattled around loose in the box from there to here.

My package (the extension tube) was sealed with with plain scotch tape. I guess the more i think about sending this extra mag back the more I reconsider :s0114:

They'll probably let you keep it. There will be the expense of shipping it back, they probably need to burn some time in preparing and handling this type of exception, plus there is the risk that what they get in return turns out to be in a not resellable state. And they can't really blame that last thing on you, since it was their mistake and you can't be blamed that it didn't fit in your safe so your dog grabbed and chewed it to bits and then threw it out on the driveway just as you parked your truck back and forth over it, right? :)

And ultimately, it's a little advertising. I've seen this more in the US and in Europe this is a foreign concept: Do everything to keep customers happy. Or at least a whole lot more. Colleague of mine bought one of those seasonal "coffee" drinks at Starbucks, all beefed up with sugary whatnots. She had a few sips and told the clerk "I'm sorry, this is not very good, it's too sweet!". In Europe the response would be: "Too bad, that's the recipe". She heard: "Oh, let me take care of that for you and make a new one with less of the sweet stuff. And please do take this for your inconvenience", so she also got a $5 gift card. That's 1 on 1 personal marketing which buys a tremendous amount of goodwill.

The, ultimately, few dollars lost on that mag are made up for the fact that next time you'll be happily shopping there. :)

You should count your blessings.
My order of 25 mags came up 9 short. Now I know where one of them might have gone.
After waiting a long time on the phone, I finally talked to a really nice lady who informed me that because of the huge increase in shipping , they had hired a lot of temporary help, and according to her, most of them couldn't count to ten.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top