JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a recent incident with breaking my left tibula and fibula and dislocated my ankle. Has anyone thought about this in their survival plans? For me i had 5 screws and a plate on one side and a screw on the other. If it hadnt happened now where we have proper medical attention I wouldnt have survived. So my question is what are your plans with broken bones?
Rick

I am no Doc, nurse or medic but other than something simple you could take care of yourself I think a bone break, or any major injury that inhibits movement would result in dire consequences. Injuries and illness would probably remove many in a survival situation.

I am no Doc, nurse or medic but other than something simple you could take care of yourself I think a bone break, or any major injury that inhibits movement would result in dire consequences. Injuries and illness would probably remove many in a survival situation.

I agree.

I think about 90%+ of the people who would head to the woods (for whatever reason) would be dead within a year as result of accidents, environmental issues (fires, freezing temps, etc.) and basic medical issues (dysentery, pneumonia, etc.). (Of the 10% remaining, 9% would probably be shot by the remaining 1%).

I think about 90%+ of the people who would head to the woods (for whatever reason) would be dead within a year
I remember reading once the amount of self -inflicted firearm injuries and deaths from all the people on wagon trains heading west was more than those by Indians or other aggression.

I'm a former EMT and I can tell you that without antibiotics a compound fracture will quite likely lead to death through gangrene, which is a horrible way to go. There are natural antibiotics like silver, vinigar, honey, and some herbs also sulfa based products like nitroferazone which come as a goopy salve at feed stores aslo maggots will help with necrotic flesh but systemic infections need internal anti-biotics.
Read up on POW medicine and Civil War Surgery

My advice, stay fit and strong. Lift weights, run, do whatever. Just don't be sedentary. tib_fib_019_Small_.jpg
My leg after coming off my dirt bike @ 50MPH. I was very lucky. No compound or soft tissue damage. Morphine, 2wks in splint then set in cast. No walky for 6mos. and another 6mos. to rehab my leg. I would have been SOL without medical help. Previous physical conditioning definitely aided in my recovery.

Wilderness medicine by Wm. Forgey, M.D.Be prepared, Scout motto, First aid reference guide,(American Red Cross). Shirley's wellness café. Micheal Moore's book Medicinal plants of the pacific northwest. Military training or the Scouts. ETC. Me I will call 911 at this point.
Be well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads