JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,
I deal with online fraud in my job and I didnt realise how prevalent firearm scams were until a friend of mine got scammed.
I publish them on a website with a warning so that anyone searching for reviews should see my warning as the first or second result.
It is easy to say that only idiots get scammed online however in my 20 years of dealing with online fraud, victims of fraud tend to tell me that "I never thought I would be scammed". So if that is your impression now, you are a prime target for scams.
If Admin allows, I will post a link to the website I built for reporting these scams.
Paul

Check Waltherarmsusa.com

It's a total scam they list guns as in stock that haven't been made a since 2014. They make it look like it's Walther's usa website

The real site is Waltherarms.com

Last Edited:
Do a search on this site with the words "scam", "legit", "fake", "fraud" "don't buy", etc. there have been tons of threads on it in the past few years. Fe

Screenshots of first page of search:

F11AC5BB-7F56-45F6-9DA2-007EBD7D6DAC.png
CAABE3B1-05FB-4BE6-AF82-86B750CF7639.png

Last Edited:
Hi All,
I deal with online fraud in my job and I didnt realise how prevalent firearm scams were until a friend of mine got scammed.
I publish them on a website with a warning so that anyone searching for reviews should see my warning as the first or second result.
It is easy to say that only idiots get scammed online however in my 20 years of dealing with online fraud, victims of fraud tend to tell me that "I never thought I would be scammed". So if that is your impression now, you are a prime target for scams.
If Admin allows, I will post a link to the website I built for reporting these scams.
Paul
They are easy to find if you type into a search field, any hard-to-find reloading or firearm component.
I just typed in Federal Large Pistol Primers and up they popped.
Here's a screenshot of a new attempt to make an excuse for their payment method :

Screen Shot 07-10-22 at 12.40 PM.PNG

Last Edited:
Welcome!

I appreciate the desire, but just wonder if there would be more merit and a larger audience reach to make a conserted effort reporting scam sites to the major scam report sites already in play.. vs... reinventing the wheel with a dedicated firearm related only reporting sight. Having a secondary resource sure doesn't hurt, but the reach and ease of use of the "majors" seems to be of more benefit, IHMO. One advantage being that they usually give you info on which are not only scams, but also which are likely legit.

Last Edited:
I do feel bad when someone gets taken but, its getting kind of hard to feel too bad for them now days. The only people getting taken insist on shopping at a place that only takes some form of payment that is not safe. First giant red flag is when you can't use a credit card. For some reason people keep doing it with some other electronic payment, then act shocked when they get burned. :confused:
The scam sights are like playing wack a mole. As fast as one is taken down another pops up. Looking for the next person who should know better. You really can't protect people from this is they insist on being victims sadly. :s0092:

NOT a GUN SCAM

BUT, But, but........WARNING DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINK I HAVE PROVIDED HERE.

Look to the right. There is possible fraud going on right here on this web site. There is an offer to sell USPS postage stamps. I clicked on it and was directed to.....WARNING DO NOT CLICK.

The web site looked like the USPS sight and it has the USPS logo and link address.

Thinking it was legit.....I filled out the information to buy the stamps. But I got an immediate FRAUD NOTICE from my bank. The transaction was declined by the bank. Apparently the CC was being run through .... WARNING DO NOT CLICK

FASHIONFXP.COM

Who is that? I have no idea why the USPS would partner with them. OR.......is it all a big FRAUD to begin with?

Whatever.

Yeah.......advertising right here on this NWF Forum.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....the web sight noticed the declined CC. And was asking me to put in information for another CC.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Anyway.....does anyone actually check theses advertisers out?

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

RE : Post #14
Follow Up

Today......
I got this info from my CC provider.

Amount: $51.95​
mail
mail
Date:​
07/10/22​
mail
mail
mail
Merchant:​
FASHIONFXP.COM​
mail
mail
mail
China​
mail
mail
mail
Charge Status:​
Declined​
Rrrrrright......USPS Stamps from China.

And....... I also got an E-Mail from "the USPS" saying that I had made an order but had not completed the payment.

Rrrrrright......should I be thanking NWF.com?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....looking today.....that offer to sell USPS postage stamps has been cleared.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR