JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Carry ready meaning not a single malfunction whatsoever. My ftf reference is FIRE

I was at the range the other day and out of about a dozen mags I had one ftf, I'm very disappointed. I have a total now of 500 rounds through my 92 inox. It was with an eagle 17rd nickel magazine loaded with reloads. Strangely enough the same trip my G17 had a ftf with the same ammo and a non Glock mag, so I can't blame the ammo? The other previous ftf was with a factory 15rd mag and Remington flat nose factory rounds. That ftf was at approximately round 175 through her. I have never had a new 92 until now and 2 ftf are very disappointing. My old 92 beat and used never ever had any sort of issues with over 2500 rounds. So I'm hoping by the 1000 round count I will have complete reliability.

The gentleman I was with had a new khar .45 (not familiar so if I misspelled forgive ). He had darn near a falier rate of 1 to 1 ftf. I was shocked and sympathetic. I mean I was upset with my 92. Am I justified in being worried? Anyone care to flame the 92 or give past experience.

fail to feed? fail to fire?

if fail to feed, did it fail to strip (empty chamber), catch on the feedramp, get jammed up diagonally at the chamber mouth, etc, etc...

if fail to fire, are your primers dented? how deep? can you compare them to other spent casings?

using non-OEM magazines and reloaded ammunition is a terrible way to examine the "reliability" of a gun. i would be surprised if you didn't have problems, with that combination.

fail to feed? fail to fire?

if fail to feed, did it fail to strip (empty chamber), catch on the feedramp, get jammed up diagonally at the chamber mouth, etc, etc...

if fail to fire, are your primers dented? how deep? can you compare them to other spent casings?

using non-OEM magazines and reloaded ammunition is a terrible way to examine the "reliability" of a gun. i would be surprised if you didn't have problems, with that combination.

+1

My 92FS Inox has never had a failure of any kind. I usually use factory mags but have a couple third party mags. Go buy yourself a case of factory ammo and I bet you won't have any issues burning through the whole thing.

Strip it down, polish the feed ramp and lubricate it well . Make sure the mags are good and it's time to Rock and Roll. Make sure you hold you wrist tight/locked .... JMO

Sorry guys, it was failure to feed. Both times the round ejected fine but got stuck on feed ramp. I'm not over the top shocked with the aftermarket mag and reloaded rounds for the one issue. But factory ammo (flat nose) with a factory magazine that had only seen 30 rounds. Ill keep testing with factory, not flat nose. Any issue I have I isolate that particular magazine. I will eventually have a battle approved box and a target box of mags. Ad far as grip I have been playing with different ways to hold arms. Do you lock your shooting arm or weak arm? I've heard both. I will also inspect the feed ramp. Its going in the shop next week for a trigger job from tornado tek, maybe ill have them Polish ramp.

I wouldn't own a gun it takes a gunsmith to get it running. Berretas 92s are very well made and only bad mags or ammo can stop them in my opinion. I have no answer for your problem but spending more money on it without knowing for sure it needs it is a waste. Factory mags and ball ammo, if it won't run with those then I would get rid of it.

jj

All 3 of my 92FS amd M9's were extremely reliable. I cant remember ever having an issue but I only shoot factory stuff. It is one of the few pistols I would say is carry ready after test firing it with carry ammo. I gave up using reloads after I bought a box that worked great if you like practicing tap, rack, go drills half the time.

I just recently got a 92F and it ran flawless with (2) 15rnd mags and (1) 10rnd mag of Winchester target round. 10 minutes later I loaded up a 10 and 15 rnd mag of Remington UMC and I was lucky to get 3 shots fired off without a malfunction. Failure to eject (spent cases usually caught up in slide both sideways and inline with barrel as well as failure to feed) Last round wouldnt even lock slide back. Went back to winchester and no problems. I am goin to attribute that to a bad box of ammo but however, I am hard pressed to even buy a box of that crap

Look at these freaking machine marks. I would never expect anything so crude on anything above a highpoint.
9650d77d.jpg

That looks nasty! The Beretta M9 that I had didn't have any machine even close to being that bad... I only fired it with the factory mags and WWB ball ammo and had to problems with the pistol itself, but I can't stand a double stack mag so I traded it off for a single stack. Since this is a new pistol maybe you should contact Beretta and see what they will do, I've heard (no first hadn expirence) they have decent customer service...the worst they could say is they could say is no...

Break in period depends on the tightmess and design of the weapon. I have well over a 1000 rounds through my 92 FS and NEVER a problem even with Blazer ammo. Never had a problem with a service M9 either. Had a friend with a 92fs that would not go to battery, but it was full of old thick grease and worked fine once cleaned and PROPERLY lubricated.

Same with my Kahr CW9 (though they say they need 200 rounds) and my XD9 and XD 45. But I still don't trust my Walther PPS for carry. It has FTE on the last round of the magazine onj occassion. I didn't trust my Sig P250 for intermittent FTE. But that slide photo is NASTY. They should replace the entire pistol. Let us know how it turns out. I remain a fan of the 92fs for a service and range pistol.

the break-in period for Glocks is the time it takes to get it out of the box, load the ammo, and pull the bang-switch.......

:s0093:

Ill get to you in a second. Lol

I will contact Beretta. I bought it new from the gun broker tigard. The younger doosh who works there said don't worry that's normal.Unless you want to spent 20k n a pistol. I was thinking wtf-. Glad there are some who agree with me, that tool mark is not normal.

Got one of those as well, see in my post where the G17 failed to eject.
67085d57.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads