JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Easily Pick Up Rifle and Pistol Brass

The mini one is not too bad on cost but the roller ones are expensive. But would have been nice for a clean up

brass-compact-1_600x600.jpg

I've taken to using one of the roller one (nut wizard) due to my bad knee. Bought it on here as part of a group of reloading stuff, so was pretty inexpensive.

Extremely handy, have only used it on cement at the range. Suppose it would work well on hard ground, but probably not very well on gravel (dunno).

Takes longer than just sweeping into a pan. But gets almost all of the small stones & 22LR out. Nice feature, so less chance of getting a decap pin hung up/bent/broken.

Also fine dirt/grit gets kicked out. Not so sure how much lead dust gets kicked up in that proccess vs dustpan broom method, but outdoor range, so assume minimal risk.

Picks up 9mm, .223/5.56 & .308 fine.

I shoot steel cased rounds so the Harbor Freight magnetic pick up sticks are great. Otherwise it's, "hey kids, get over here...".

found a video

Thank you! My buddy has the roller one and I've used it a fair amount. His unit hasn't exactly held up. It comes with a telescoping extension handle and that part of the unit is pretty jenky. In a fairly short amount of time two of the extension portions became such that it would not hold the sections extended. It's now relegated for the kids because they're the only ones short enough to use it. Think I'll give the other one a shot. :)

Thank you! My buddy has the roller one and I've used it a fair amount. His unit hasn't exactly held up. It comes with a telescoping extension handle and that part of the unit is pretty jenky. In a fairly short amount of time two of the extension portions became such that it would not hold the sections extended. It's now relegated for the kids because they're the only ones short enough to use it. Think I'll give the other one a shot. :)

The one I have (nut wizard brand) does not have a telescoping pole. It's just a standard broom handle type pole. It's the extra small, labeled fir 3/8" to 1".

Basket looks similar to the one in the video. Different brand.

I'm all for any new gimmick to pick up brass that is quicker and more efficient. However, I refuse to pay for anything more than the cost of a large blue tarp from Harbor Freight, which manages to catch about 75% of my shell casings. That's almost cheaper than having my kids pick up spent shells.

The GOOD LORD gave me 2 legs, 2 hands, 2 eyes, i get down and get dirty, and i have a plastic sack. Its good exercise, up and down, all around. Plus its fun competition:) with my friend.