JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do any of you experience the following?:
After picking up your brass at the range,when you go to sort prior to processing, why is it 90% of the 9mm is snugly fit into the .40 casings. Pretty bizzare. :s0114:

Yeah, it's bizzare how the 9's can find their way to a .40 without help. You're correct PX4, I have had some tumble together and they get stuck really bad.

I tumbled different calibers together 3 times before I finally got smart and made sure they were separate. If possible I always try to pick up all the brass I can find at the range and sort it out later. I'm surprised the range doesn't have a sign that says you cannot pick up the brass, but I guess they couldn't get away with that. I usually get about 3/4 of the brass I shoot back and the rest is way out in the range area to far to get.

I sort first then tumble. The media, even SS Pins can really keep the cases stuck together if you don't.

If I sweep up some range brass I have found 9's inside 40's and then the pair nestled inside of 45's. One thing for sure, it does save space:cool:

Of course you then reach the point that you have so much of every caliber you load, that even when a case has to bee thrown away you still have enough to last you another 30 years. I'm looking forward to replacing all my brass then, if I'm still around.

You can tumble 9mm,40s&w and 45acp together without getting any of them stuck inside the other.

1) Sort the brass

2) put the 45acp in 1st

3) tumble them long enough so the cases are filled with media

4) add the 40s&w and repeat step #3

5) now add the 9mm

If you havn't completely filled your tumbler up with a single caliber, and still have 4-5 more loads to go before you get done with just one caliber, you're doing it wrong :)

I got tired of waiting for the vibratory tumbler and bought a few cement mixers... now that gets tumbling done!

I got tired of waiting for the vibratory tumbler and bought a few cement mixers... now that gets tumbling done!

And having one sure comes in handy. Got a neighbor that likes to party late and noisy? Just get up about 5 AM and start a mixer. If you don't use it to clean and polish brass, just fill it with some 2" river rock and let it bang away. Put it as close to the neighbor as your property will allow. Extra points if it's under their bedroom window:s0155:

You can tumble 9mm,40s&w and 45acp together without getting any of them stuck inside the other.
1) Sort the brass
2) put the 45acp in 1st
3) tumble them long enough so the cases are filled with media
4) add the 40s&w and repeat step #3
5) now add the 9mm
Good trick! Never though of it. How good is this method. Do you ever get an occasional stuck case?

How good is this method. Do you ever get an occasional stuck case?
It works for me.
The first I tumbled 44spl and 38spl together I had some real stuck cases with a medium grit walnut media. When the larger cases are filled with media the smaller ones can not enter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top