JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure you could ever claim self defense while actively driving a car--unless you were surrounded...just drive to a police station.
I'd sure be interested to see what "NRA" video they were referencing...:rolleyes:
Sure you could,if someone pulls a gun on you.
Can your car outrun a bullet?
Now throwing wine bottles? I'm guessing it can out run that attack
I don't see any scape goating gun owners here though

And during this road rage he never called 911?
I can see there being a self defense claim and time someone is using a 4 thousand pound vehicle as a weapon use of force is authorized in my opinion.
But, I think Monica is closer to being correct. You usually have a way out or at very least get 911 on speaker phone and try to get to the public or police station.

It depends on the circumstances.

I used to drive I-5 between Seattle and Portland quite often, and there are long stretches there where, depending on your vehicle, you can't "outrun" someone determined to kill you.

I think the article also mentioned he was in rush hour traffic.

Ever been in rush hour traffic on I-5 near Seattle?

I have - so many many many times - it is a parking lot. Hard to drive away from a crazy when you are in bumper to bumper traffic.

It is hard to say what happened from the article - not much detail about the facts of the crime, more of a glossing over regarding the trial.

I do have to ask, if you are planning on shooting someone, don't you think that first you would roll your window down? Pick a better time and place to do it?

Sounds more to me like what the defendant claimed - a road rage incident, gone out of control. That said, you don't shoot someone because they are rummaging around in their car looking for something to throw at you.:rolleyes:

"I do have to ask, if you are planning on shooting someone, don't you think that first you would roll your window down? Pick a better time and place to do it?"
Not if you are planing a thrill killing.Window up makes perfect sense if it's self defense.Window down says you had some time
The thing that hurt him was leaving the scene and messing with evidence.He knew right off no one would believe his story

From the police report, the man who died had been shot four times in the head and died near this intersection. This is definitely not a bumper to bumper freeway shooting but rather a freeway rage incident that routed into a neighborhood setting before the shooting began. I have a hard time believing that the shooter couldn't just drive away.

CQf7vn.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top