JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Bootleg Fire has exploded down near my cabin property. It was first reported as 100 acres Tuesday afternoon. Last check it was 28,000. My place is still 13 miles or so from one edge of fire but there are numerous heavily forested residential developements that are a lot closer. Some level 1 evacuations have been issued already and more will follow.

Keep up that defensible space and polish up your plans on how to protect your stuff if you have to evacuate.

I was down in the area as well this weekend, Slightly southwest of the fire. It was pretty smokey on an off. They had an incident command center set up at a ranch near the intersection of HWY140 and Sprague River Rd. They had a few different Helos parked there.

One of my neighbors stopped by and said he found the tomato thief culprit:

Resized_20210725_094054.jpg

He thought it was a rattle snake so he sent it to snake heaven with a shovel. Upon closer inspection, no rattle. I am thinking it was a gopher snake? He said it was about three feet long.

Northern pacific/Great Basin Rattle snake (they interbred out here).
1627359427737.png

Easy mistake to make. Notice how the rattle snake has bands the go all the way around his tale. The picture you posted looks like a Great Basin Gopher snake, no strips around his tale.

The fool killed a Bull Snake. (sometimes called Gopher Snake)
They kill rattlesnakes It's the King Snake that kills rattlesnakes.
The Bull Snake kills and eats rodents.

Both are non-venomous and are constrictors.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top