JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up some lead balls today - Powder coated em' blue and loaded em' up for the Vaquero :D

blueballs1.jpg

139gr, .451 diameter, loaded to an OAL of 1.481 with a medium crimp - three loads with predicted velocities of 938, 980, & 1,144. Should be fun water jug rounds :)

blueballs2.jpg

Last Edited:
[QU7OTE="oknow, post: 1311454, member: 5630"]Is this your way of saying without saying ???????????[/QUOTE]

Like a double entendre:

You gonna shoot your blue balls at jugs?

That'll make a splash...

:D

I will reframe from talking about your blue balls. But will continue talking about your blue bullets.

Just wondering about what the powder coating does to the inside of the barrel.?

:D

There's good documentation over at castboolits - As for my own guns (I shoot coated exclusively through my 9), other than being squeaky clean, I am aware of no effects.

I do plan to slug my barrels, and then again every few thousand rounds to track wear, though I'll admit I'm completely ignorant as to normal barrel wear for a 9mm.

You know you wanna go two ball action.

I was playing with my balls and thought, you know, that birdman is right!

Two balls, maximize the payload!

Same OAL, powder charge cut in half, predicted velocity of around 700fps.

I suspect that the loads will chrono higher due to the minimal bearing surface (QL is calc'ing bullet parameters).

We shall see :)

To be honest, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought he was talking about "blue pills".. which are actually proof loads for proving guns before they leave the factory. yea I'm a nerd

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top