JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up some lead balls today - Powder coated em' blue and loaded em' up for the Vaquero :D

blueballs1.jpg

139gr, .451 diameter, loaded to an OAL of 1.481 with a medium crimp - three loads with predicted velocities of 938, 980, & 1,144. Should be fun water jug rounds :)

blueballs2.jpg

Last Edited:
[QU7OTE="oknow, post: 1311454, member: 5630"]Is this your way of saying without saying ???????????[/QUOTE]

Like a double entendre:

You gonna shoot your blue balls at jugs?

That'll make a splash...

:D

I will reframe from talking about your blue balls. But will continue talking about your blue bullets.

Just wondering about what the powder coating does to the inside of the barrel.?

:D

There's good documentation over at castboolits - As for my own guns (I shoot coated exclusively through my 9), other than being squeaky clean, I am aware of no effects.

I do plan to slug my barrels, and then again every few thousand rounds to track wear, though I'll admit I'm completely ignorant as to normal barrel wear for a 9mm.

You know you wanna go two ball action.

I was playing with my balls and thought, you know, that birdman is right!

Two balls, maximize the payload!

Same OAL, powder charge cut in half, predicted velocity of around 700fps.

I suspect that the loads will chrono higher due to the minimal bearing surface (QL is calc'ing bullet parameters).

We shall see :)

To be honest, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought he was talking about "blue pills".. which are actually proof loads for proving guns before they leave the factory. yea I'm a nerd

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top