JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While doing research on how the ATF measures barrel bore diameters, I came across a discussion on bloop tubes. Naturally that opened a rabbit portal in my brain and lead me to this idea for a pistol to rifle conversion. In case somebody isn't familiar with bloop tubes, it's essentially an unrifled tube that is attached to a barrel to extend the overall barrel length. I believe it is commonly done to increase sight radius.

Why would I do it? For the fun of it and to increase the versatility of my Dagger framed 9mm.

I have a Dagger framed G19 type pistol that is still giving me problems and would make the perfect candidate for this project. The plan is to buy a cheap threaded barrel and pin and weld a bloop tube to it. The length of bloop tube will make the combined length over the legal 16" requirement for rifle barrels. Add a stock to the frame and voila I will have a Dagger 9mm Rifle.

I just missed out on the $30 g19 threaded barrels at Combat Armory but another barrel deal will come along soon. The tricky part will be to find a bloop tube that is the same diameter as the exterior diameter of the barrel. This will be necessary so the slide can be removed over the barrel and bloop tube. It will need to have a bore diameter of .500 or less so the ATF doesn't come after it as a DD.

There are many ways to attach a stock to the frame but you can be assured my method will be full on ghetto.

This will make the firearm useable at TCGC's GP rifle, BP and 200/300 ranges with stock. It will be useable at TCGC's GP pistol and cargo containter ranges without stock.

If you have suggestions for bloop tube share.

Here is one example of a g19 commercially made stock. It's too much money for my wallet.

If I decide to convert my G22 instead I could use this stock adapter which is very cool and priced right for my wallet.

This barrel plus and endo stock adapter would be about $100 if I convert the G22. Hopefully bloop tube can be found at hardware store for low $$$.

Last Edited:
If you had an aversion to bloop tubes you could always buy a 16" glock barrel but my wallet has an aversion to rifle length glock barrel prices.

LOLs
I have a pistol length fh, without ports, on my 20" WOA barreled AR rifle.
I needed a thread protector, it was the ONLY thing I had 1/2-28....I just like the way it looks, and it works perfect to fit the rifle inverted in the overcrowded safe.
Sorry, not long enough, and too big a diameter...

Joe

I doubt it will cycle with all that weight on the end of the barrel.

But still, love the idea! :s0093:
I hadn't thought about that issue. If it didn't cycle at all that would be a bonus but if it does something in between (like stove pipes) that would be a bummer. I wonder how many issues with cycling are caused with the 16" barrels.

This set up with 16" barrel seems to run fine.

Last Edited:
I think half inch copper pipe might fill the bill. The barrel hole on the G22 slide would have to be opened up about .025. I would have to figure out a method to pin and weld the copper pipe to steel barrel, maybe silver solder

I am rethinking the blooper pistol candidate again. I read that the G20/G21 models have a .630 barrel OD. The 1/2 copper pipe has .625 OD so there would be no interference problems there. I have two 6" lone wolf G20 barrels (a 40 S&W and 10mm) that I bought to use in my G21. I could turn down and or grind the ID of the muzzle end of one of the lone wolf barrels and pipe to fit them together. That will leave the factory parts of pistol intact. I am not worried about sacrificing the lone wolf barrel. I will probably grind on the 40 barrel and leave the 10mm intact. The $35 Endo Tactical stock adapter supposedly fits the G21 too. I will purchase copper pipe this morning and work on mating it up to barrel next week. Once it's mated up and I have confidence it will work I will figure out how to get silver solder job done and order stock adapter.

Anybody here think a copper tube will split open from the pressure released after the bullet leaves the barrel and enters the bloop tube? I may have to port the crumb out of the tube?

Anybody here think a copper tube will split open from the pressure released after the bullet leaves the barrel and enters the bloop tube? I may have to port the crumb out of the tube?
JMHO, but the risk is low. Most "it's going blow up" predictions are based on a formula for sealed pressure vessels, but the extension isn't sealed. I would be more concerned about a bullet strike if the tube flexes under recoil.

JMHO, but the risk is low. Most "it's going blow up" predictions are based on a formula for sealed pressure vessels, but the extension isn't sealed. I would be more concerned about a bullet strike if the tube flexes under recoil.
A bullet strike is a real possibility. I wonder if it would skid down the tube or try to bounce around. Only one way to find out. I might have to remote fire this project for the first shot.

20220805_082025.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads