JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if the soggy weather has got me thinking about trying a kydex holster or I'm just looking for something to fit my changing physical situation (fatter and less flexible).

Tried the search function and the last post on Blade Tech was five years ago so figured I'd ask again.

Thinking about a Blade Tech for my 3" SP101. Thanks to a bum shoulder I can't really get much past 3 o'clock and still draw so I'm looking for a strong side with a forward cant.

Ruger SP 101 3" OWB Blade-Tech Tactical Holster (Right Hand) - Speed Beez

This seems to fit the bill, just want some more recent opinions on how well the material holds up and how adjustable it actually is.

I used to have a 3" SP101 and that holster, although I only open carried it in the woods.

The first thing I would say is that this gun/holster combination is going to print horribly if you try to conceal it. I don't know if that's you intention, but this holster sticks way out - it isn't designed for concealment.

I didn't wear mine enough to really test the durability, but I've owned at least 6 Blade-Tech holsters and the design and quality are first-rate. Blade-Tech has been making kydex holsters about as long as any outfit.

If you look at the back view, you can see the three mounting screws. You have a couple choices for cant angle, but it isn't infinitely adjustable. You can obviously choose straight up (as shown) or 15 degree ("FBI") cant. You can also buy an optional plastic paddle or use a Tech-Lok clip (so you don't have to get your belt through the loop that's shown), but neither option makes it more concealable.

You might consider a good leather pancake holster. I personally like leather, molds to my body shape and is quieter. That's just me, others really like kydex and that's just fine too. I have several from Wright Leather Works, more specifically their Predator model. The Predator is a good conceal carry holster. Some makers also offer more forward cant, which might help. Also, it might not sound like much, but have you considered the shorter barreled 2.25" SP101? For me a shorter barrel means less shoulder movement to draw. There is a difference, not huge but it's noticeable, between drawing strong side of my LCR 1 7/8", SP101 2.25" and SP101 3". Best of luck.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top