JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Frank @ M14.ca sent me one of his Blackfeather RS stocks and I'm about to begin putting together an 18.0" iron sight fighter.

The basic chassis arrived with the op rod guide installed and it weighs 2 lbs 3.2 oz.

BFRS-A.JPG

The complete barreled action that I will be using weighs 6 lbs.

fighting-weight.JPG

I have not yet decided on the pistol grip or butt stock that I will be using, but my plan is the keep from adding much more weight.

I'll post updates here or you can follow my progress on My BF RS Review Page

I thought these stocks were not available for export to the US...... Or was it just that the Canadians were buying all of them before they had enough to ship? Either way, I am looking forward to seeing how this rifle turns out in that stock. Thanks for sharing!

Importation paperwork and waiting patently is all it took to get the new chassis imported.
As you can see, I ended up installing my CQB-16 type SEI M14 in the Blackfeather "RS".

CQB-16.SHG.M4.jpg

Last Edited:
Do you have a range report on this stock? I really want to drop mine in a different stock, but I would like to know more about this one. Does it improv e accuracy? Does it handle more easily?

The balance/handling is very good and the accuracy is the same as it was when the CQB-16 was in a SAGE EBR (MOA all day). It's easy to break down, just remove the single bolt at the bottom and pull the trigger group. What optic do you have in mind, due to the inline stock design the Blackfeather is not particularly iron sight friendly, so I opted for an ultra reliable Comp M4. I also changed out the pistol grip and butt stock.

CQB-16.BF-RS.06.25.13.jpg

UPDATE: 07-26-14

Frank at M14.ca recently came up with an ultra light weight full length LSP top cover that will allow optics & sights to be mounted on the same plane. This was easier than my trying to create a new butt stock. The LSP will not be available for another 3 to 4 weeks.

Prototype pictured:
LSP-1.jpg

I recently put my CQB-16 type SEI into a new FDE <broken link removed> "RS", and I'm waiting on a color matched LSP to arrive before I can finish it up. Also, the Blackfeather "RS" is now shipping from the US. http://m14ebr.us/

H20Man, I dont see you M14Forum now days but there is a crazy post about not having to wait on the ATF stuff anymore. Awesome. I have a imported one, are there any differences between the new ones and the Canook imports, besides the headaches? P.S. Love the crap out of this thing. Thinking about that new rail but wondering if it is any higher than an ARMS mount and what the price might be? Congrats on the US shipping, I am sure a lot more m1a fans will be jumping on the bandwagon.

jdogg, that crazy post is true, and thank you.
The "RS" kits I'm bringing in are identical to all the rest, what's different is that mine are a little less expensive, there is no BATF paperwork, and there is a shorter wait for delivery. The new rail sits up as high as the CASM, well above your ARMS 18. I'll post a review with different optics, and B.U.I.S.
People should take you up on the offer to handle yours, they are that good.

This is as far as I've gone with the new build, I'm just waiting on the new top cover rail.

FDE-BF-RS.2.JPG

Order your Blackfeather "RS" Today!
Made in Canada by:
M14.ca
NO BATF Paperwork Required! m14_blackfeather_stock_photo.jpg
Specifications - *opens in a new window

PayPal - $645.00
US customers ONLY - Lower 48 ONLY
Send an EMAIL to [email protected] for color availability
BEFORE submitting your order or send a TEXT to: 7067694323
This offer is for the "RS" package pictured above ONLY
CASM, SHG, LSB, HBA, MRD, RBS etc. are available from M14.ca Residents of Georgia get to pay a 7.0 % sales tax

What does it weigh?

Rifle Stock, Butt Stock Adapter, Op Rod Guide, and Wear Plate with hardware.
2.0 lbs. 3.0 oz.

10590479_919379338079255_3372596997814176325_n.jpg

End Plates
0.4 oz. each

10353095_919379361412586_1499566796504019761_n.jpg

Accessory Rails
5.75" rail: 1.8 oz.
3.75" rails: 1.0 oz. each
Plus Hardware

934799_919379364745919_2173294627626056125_n.jpg

m14_blackfeather_stock_photo.jpg

Last Edited:
As robust and cool as these stock are/look..

Then only reason I don't like aftermarket stocks for M1A & variants is that they look wonky with pistol grips.
Nothing ever looks streamlined, kind of looks like its just added. As an afterthought.. Which it usually is.

The very 1st prototype rifle that lead to the M14 was this T25, and it included a pistol grip.

Perhaps the non-pistol grip stock was the afterthought...

View attachment 97792
I was talking about aftermarket chassis systems for the Socom and M1A..
None that utilize todays current grips look as if their function would be streamline. Bulky and odd angles.

Now a stock system with a grip incorporated in the overall chassis design such as the picture you've posted as well as some others Ive seen where the stock and grip are all one piece, those indeed look as if its design is tailored to function.

The new big $$ Ive seen just don't seem worth it.. Lots of bulk and odd angles for not a big payoff.

But back to your OP,
The chassis looks impressive!
Still rather have a standard stock system but keep those rail systems

I hear you.

The design that allows the use of today's assortment of bolt on grips keeps the customer happy. SAGE heard many complaints about their original hard plastic pistol grip, it was proprietary and users could not replace it with anything else... although someone did figure out how to install an FAL grip. The great looking wooden USGI E2 stock for the M14 has an add-on wooden pistol grip that looks like it is all one piece, but it's not.

As for the rails... it's hard to escape them on any modern rifle or stock. The Blackfeather "RS" does at least give you the option of not installing the accessory rails, but the forward rail is part of the stock...

Looks aside, it has been my experience that the big $$$ stocks do offer advantages over standard stocks, the bedding systems alone are worth the $$$.

EDIT: You may be interested in what AG Composites will be releasing soon...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top