JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got mine today. There light and easy to pack. Kinda seem flimsy but they do steady up your rifle well. They work just like those collapsible tent poles with the bungee cords. The rubber loop holds your rifle pretty steady but the legs are not nearly as sturdy as a Bog Pod. Their too short for standing shots. They seem so much easier to pack around than a tripod that I think I'll give em try this year huntin.

Well, I think that's what tree trunks, and anything else you can brace your firearm on is for. If there's nothing available, well that's what I learned to shoot offhand for. If the shot is too iffy, I hope that if we're out hunting at all we are mature enough not to take a low percentage shot! Just my $0.02!

I personally would rather build my own...esp. depending on your style/game shooting.....pvc/old garden tubing/washers/etc.....Tell me what you want and I can tell you an easy build :)

Plenty of great YT vids....

Well, I think that's what tree trunks, and anything else you can brace your firearm on is for. If there's nothing available, well that's what I learned to shoot offhand for. If the shot is too iffy, I hope that if we're out hunting at all we are mature enough not to take a low percentage shot! Just my $0.02!
I hear ya. Just jam a big knife in the tree if there's no branches handy. I must have got the pod craze from those hunting shows:p. I do have a buddy that lost his arm fishin Alaska and he has to use a pod. Pretty good shooter too.

I have had shooting sticks for years and have used them while coyote hunting. They're nice for sitting in cover or against a bank when watching an open area and using a caller. The tall ones come in handy for hillsides. They work better than a bipod in many places. For me anyways. I used them prairie dog hunting as well. Comfy rest from a lawn chair.

IMG_20170731_171743.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've been learning to use the sticks, but it's been like a comedy skit at times. Something about the bungee cords inside the thin poles just seems to tangle me up a bit.

I told my wife I felt like Dick Van Dyke, trying to assemble an old-style army cot.

I am getting better at using them, but I might get (or make) something that's a bit more solid/stout.

Wait! Don't go. Let me whip this out, you'll hardly notice the movement.
Seems like another thing to pack, refrigerator and kitchen sink anyone? Gotta have a snack too.

Heh. I hear you. Might be best just to mount the gun onto the front of my tractor.

If I get all tangled up in the bungee-cord sticks while I'm trying to set them up, maybe the deer will die from laughing at me.

The ones I use are just 1x1 hardwood. I use a length of inner tube across the tops. I have two lengths one for sitting on a bucket and another for sitting on the ground. I use them mostly for hunting ground squirrels. hunts where you are sitting in one place for long periods. I can see where they would be useful on coyote hunts too! DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top