JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Light and tough. Rugged Ridge Outdoor. Although $300 or more.

upload_2019-6-20_16-46-4.jpeg

Somewhat light, though polymer. Around $100. Magpul.

upload_2019-6-20_16-48-38.jpeg

Works and tough and a hell of a value. Not really light but fairly easy on and off. Also what I recommend the most these days. UTG. Around $40-50

upload_2019-6-20_16-49-18.jpeg

Hmmm. Adding a VFG to a pistol = SBR according to the ATF so a grip-pod is right out. Hmm. It doesnt look like much room to put the old stle M16 bipod on there between the muzzle device and the barrel shroud, unless the barrel is longer.

The m16 bipod goes onto the barrel directly and would have a big impact on barrel harmonics.

The magpul one would be lightweight. I liked using a harris 6"-9" bipod as it was small and pretty light for what it was. And wasn't too expensive.

Light and tough. Rugged Ridge Outdoor. Although $300 or more.

View attachment 592507

Somewhat light, though polymer. Around $100. Magpul.

View attachment 592508

Works and tough and a hell of a value. Not really light but fairly easy on and off. Also what I recommend the most these days. UTG. Around $40-50

View attachment 592509
That last UTG one looks good. People scoff at UTG, but they have tons of variations of accessories at good price points. Their gear may be ugly, overbuilt and clunky sometimes, but lots of it is rugged. I have a few types of their bipods and they hold up well.

The m16 bipod goes onto the barrel directly and would have a big impact on barrel harmonics.

The magpul one would be lightweight. I liked using a harris 6"-9" bipod as it was small and pretty light for what it was. And wasn't too expensive.
These are my favorite. Rugged as heck and they weigh like 10oz.
That last UTG one looks good. People scoff at UTG, but they have tons of variations of accessories at good price points. Their gear may be ugly, overbuilt and clunky sometimes, but lots of it is rugged. I have a few types of their bipods and they hold up well.
OK, but don't buy their sights.

Anybody tried one of these? NeoPod® Ultralight Hunting Bipod – Steinert Sensing Systems I know nothing about them. Edit: Holy crap they're twice the price of Atlas.

Last Edited:
These are my favorite. Rugged as heck and they weigh like 10oz.

OK, but don't buy their sights.

Anybody tried one of these? NeoPod® Ultralight Hunting Bipod – Steinert Sensing Systems I know nothing about them.
I do agree not "all" of their parts are up to snuff, haha :confused:

Bad sights though eh? Care to share (not to take away from the OP) which sights went bust so I can avoid them for future builds? Their chopped A2 style sight has worked for me and held up. Perhaps it was a folding set?

I do agree not "all" of their parts are up to snuff, haha :confused:

Bad sights though eh? Care to share (not to take away from the OP) which sights went bust so I can avoid them for future builds? Their chopped A2 style sight has worked for me and held up. Perhaps it was a folding set?
The "CQB red/green" didn't hold up well. You would expect a sight named after the best Canadian sitcom ever to be better than that, right?

I put another UTG sight (the one that takes a 2032 battery) on a Saiga-12 just to watch it die. :D It made it through about 5 slugs.

The flip-up magnifier doesn't co-witness and causes artifacts and stuff.

The tactical flashlight with remote switch didn't last long on a 223. First the remote switch went out, then the end cap button.

So now I have Harris bipods, Leuphold and Trijicon scopes, Aimpoint red-dots, Streamlight lights and less money. ;)

The "CQB red/green" didn't hold up well. You would expect a sight named after the best Canadian sitcom ever to be better than that, right?

I put another UTG sight (the one that takes a 2032 battery) on a Saiga-12 just to watch it die. :D It made it through about 5 slugs.

The flip-up magnifier doesn't co-witness and causes artifacts and stuff.

The tactical flashlight with remote switch didn't last long on a 223. First the remote switch went out, then the end cap button.

So now I have Harris bipods, Leuphold and Trijicon scopes, Aimpoint red-dots, Streamlight lights and less money. ;)
Ill keep clear of their glass optics

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top