JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last to sell out seems to be .40 S&W and 350 Legend.
One is declining in popularity and one is too new to be in demand.
I don't know about the 350 Legend, but I got a shipment of 40 cal bullets and they inadvertently double shipped that portion of my order. I could have sent them back but decided I'd use them sooner rather than later so I went ahead and paid the extra and kept them. With in a week or so I had orders for over half of the extra bullets. The last is now shelf stock but most likely won't last long there.

The last to sell out seems to be .40 S&W and 350 Legend.
One is declining in popularity and one is too new to be in demand.
I don't think the 40 will completely disappear. It has some advantages. It's actually a good compromise between 9 and 45. I really like it in a carbine. I've been looking 4 an older PC 40. I also really like it in my shield. It hits really hard out of a small gun. Moves that plate a lot more than a 9 mm.

I don't think the 40 will completely disappear.
I know I've said it before, but I'd say the future of the .40 S&W is likely to be much like the .38 Special. Go back 50 years and the .38 was absolutely king of the hill. There was one in practically every police and security guard holster in the country. Now it's been almost completely displaced in that role.

So the .38 Special is not what it once was, a shadow of it's former prominence, but it's still very common, and ammo can be found most anywhere (under normal conditions). There's just too many .38 Special revolvers out there for it to go away.

I think the same will be said for the .40. Even if it completely disappears from a law enforcement role, there are so many guns in that caliber out there that ammo will always be readily available. I chuckle when I hear advice to not buy a .40 because it's a dead round and you won't be able to buy ammo in the future. Just not true. I had a couple boxes of .40 ammo I sold a while back that was surplus to my needs. I got a lower offer from someone, with the explanation that "nobody's buying it anymore". :cool:

I have quite a few pistols in .40 so I'll be buying as long as I'm breathing. It's an effective round that's fun to shoot

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top