JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My BUG is a M43 Firestar in Starvel nickel.. has an operating system similar to the 1911 series and utterly reliable. 8 or 9 shots and very compact. I am looking for a second one because I love them so much. They are no longer manufactured but can be found for sale, used. Look for spare mags, ASAP

Kimber Ultra Aegis II

Unlike the others, I like the external safety and a single action trigger. However, it depends on your budget.

*edit* Wrote this before the firestar was posted, but I'd still take the Kimber over it.

My BUG is a M43 Firestar in Starvel nickel.. has an operating system similar to the 1911 series and utterly reliable. 8 or 9 shots and very compact. I am looking for a second one because I love them so much. They are no longer manufactured but can be found for sale, used. Look for spare mags, ASAP

+1. Mine is also completely reliable and has been since coming out of the box. The only issue some may have with the Firestar is it's weight. I don't find it an issue, but those looking for a 10 ounce high capacity piece that they can palm may.

Best for one guy is not necessarily best for the next guy, try out a few before you make your choice.

This is the best advice.:s0167:

I have customers ask me that question all the time and I tell them get what feels comfortable in your hand, one that you can reach the control levers without having to cant the gun in your hand too much, and one with a trigger pull that is comfortable to you.

I am looking for the best CC 9mm. What does everyone recommend? I prefer a gun with an external hammer but, may have to settle for one with out.
tlakidd

You might try further explaining YOUR criteria for best CC 9mm. Do you want the smallest lightest? Do you have big hands? Can you live with 6+1 capacity? Or do you need 12+1? Etc. Like others have said no one gun is best for everyone.

Best for one guy is not necessarily best for the next guy, try out a few before you make your choice.

While this IS good advice, This advice seems to always show up when it was not the question. Along with go to the gun shop and see what fits your hands be or go to the range and rent them and try them out.

But the OP asked for opinions and probably wanted some actual info.... like what we like AND why.

I like the HK p2000sk for most summer carry and a p2000 if I can in the winter months because I have found them to be very accurate. I like the mag release and the decocker because you don't ever have to shift your grip. The inter changable back straps are also nice. Sometimes I carry a kel-tec p11 because it is easier to hide. These shoot OK but I have found that you need the houge handall jr. to get a good 2nd shot.

I'd have to say all are great choices, however, if this is going to be a ccw I'd highly suggest looking at polymer pistols. Here are my choices in order...
-G26
-HKp2000sk
-XD9 sub compact

I am very fond of the Kahr PM9. I also think the Glock 26 is a very good choice if you want a double stack. If you need the external hammer check out the H&K P2000SK. The Rohrbaugh R9 also has an external hammer but it is spurless. It also happens to be the smallest and easiest to conceal of the bunch.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews