JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Bushnell 3200 Elite, in 10x40 with mil-dot reticle. works great, my only complaint is the 3rd generation scope mount from springfield armory. Might get a different mount and use the same setup. curent mount allows use of the iron sights as well.

You well find a LOT of info here on choice of scopes and mounts.
<broken link removed>

The SA mount does not always get the best reviews. I went with a Sadlak aluminum mount, Burris xtreme tact rings and a Muller Tac II scope. Under $500 for the entire setup. The Sadlak/Burris combination gets great reviews from users. The Mueller Tac II has the best optics in it's price range, I have looked through Bushnell and Nikon scopes and think the Muller is superior optically. This has four years on it and has been excellent without breaking the bank.

crop7.jpg

I'd suggest a Super Sniper scope from SWFA.com
Check out Fulton Armory for a variety of scope mounts-dont go cheap...you'll regret it. The M1A recoil is rough on scopes and mounts so anything with a single point mount will likely work it's way loose.
Good luck,
J

You well find a LOT of info here on choice of scopes and mounts.
<broken link removed>

The SA mount does not always get the best reviews. I went with a Sadlak aluminum mount, Burris xtreme tact rings and a Muller Tac II scope. Under $500 for the entire setup. The Sadlak/Burris combination gets great reviews from users. The Mueller Tac II has the best optics in it's price range, I have looked through Bushnell and Nikon scopes and think the Muller is superior optically. This has four years on it and has been excellent without breaking the bank.

crop7.jpg

what type of finish do you have on the front M1? Nice!!

I put a Vortex 6.5x20/44 on a Basset low mount, nice scope for long range shooting. At closer ranges that is too much magnification for me.

So I was looking at getting a lower power scope with a high Basset mount.

The Basset mount attaches with one bolt and returns real close to zero. Having 2 mounts would allow quick swap of scopes.

I run Leupold glass on my M14s

Long range:
Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T with M2 dials and Illuminated TMR on my MK14 Mod 0 type SEI
The mount is a 1st generation CASM from M14.CA, and the rings are LOW wire EDM from SEI.

MK14SEI-L.JPG

Mid range:
Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T with M2 dials and Illuminated SPR ON MY CQB-16 EBR type SEI
LaRue tactical mount & cat tail plus LOW wire EDM rings from SEI.

CQB-16-EBR-1.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads