Best place to buy P22?

Reactions
Have decided on Walther P22 (3.4" barrel) for a first gun for myself and to get the wife into shooting. This is to be my gateway gun to larger caliber semi-autos, so I'm not considering revolvers now. NW Armory is a short drive and the next gun show is on 2/13. Experiences with purchase/price from gun shop vs gun show? Thanks!

OP
A
Reactions
I am skeptical about the gun show as well, but I'm a noob so don't know about an internet purchase and FFL exchange. Saw this at budsgunshop.com and looked like a good deal.
Walther P22 .22lr 3.4" Black W/Laser $385.

Andy

Reactions
I agree that gun shows are NOT the best place to get a deal. I've wasted money paying entry, and sometimes parking, to find that I can get a better deal at my local gun shop.

I have personally bought many pistols (including the P22) from The Gun Broker in Tigard and Woodburn. There is also a location on the east side. Do not get them confused with gunbroker.com, which is an auction website.

Is there a reason you are starting with the P22? Just curious.

Reactions
* Check outdoorstrader.com
* Check gunbroker.com and look for anyone selling locally, that way you skip the FFL part. Auction #121833036 is from Grants Pass if you don't mind the drive.:nuts:
* Check local armories and pawn shops. I got a pretty good deal at 99 Pawn & Guns (haggle aggressively).
* Beavercreek has them but might be a bit pricy, yet probably cheaper than driving to Grants Pass.:p

OP
A
Reactions
while i have fired guns here and there with friends, the p22 will be the first one i own and the one to win over the wife with. ammo is cheap and i can hopefully develop good habits with the small caliber gun before moving up. i figure once the wife is comfortable with the 22lr, i can work up to a 9mm or .40 for gun #2.

i appreciate all the feedback and am deciding away from the gun show.. after parking and admission for 2 i'm already $25 out.

OP
A
Reactions
i lucked out since i found a friend looking to sell his p22 and hope to get to the range this weekend to warm it up. i appreciate the positive comments to my little thread and to the many others that i've looked through on this site. i am now a proud firearm owner. :D

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom