JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have decided on Walther P22 (3.4" barrel) for a first gun for myself and to get the wife into shooting. This is to be my gateway gun to larger caliber semi-autos, so I'm not considering revolvers now. NW Armory is a short drive and the next gun show is on 2/13. Experiences with purchase/price from gun shop vs gun show? Thanks!

I am skeptical about the gun show as well, but I'm a noob so don't know about an internet purchase and FFL exchange. Saw this at budsgunshop.com and looked like a good deal.
Walther P22 .22lr 3.4" Black W/Laser $385.

I agree that gun shows are NOT the best place to get a deal. I've wasted money paying entry, and sometimes parking, to find that I can get a better deal at my local gun shop.

I have personally bought many pistols (including the P22) from The Gun Broker in Tigard and Woodburn. There is also a location on the east side. Do not get them confused with gunbroker.com, which is an auction website.

Is there a reason you are starting with the P22? Just curious.

* Check outdoorstrader.com
* Check gunbroker.com and look for anyone selling locally, that way you skip the FFL part. Auction #121833036 is from Grants Pass if you don't mind the drive.:nuts:
* Check local armories and pawn shops. I got a pretty good deal at 99 Pawn & Guns (haggle aggressively).
* Beavercreek has them but might be a bit pricy, yet probably cheaper than driving to Grants Pass.:p

while i have fired guns here and there with friends, the p22 will be the first one i own and the one to win over the wife with. ammo is cheap and i can hopefully develop good habits with the small caliber gun before moving up. i figure once the wife is comfortable with the 22lr, i can work up to a 9mm or .40 for gun #2.

i appreciate all the feedback and am deciding away from the gun show.. after parking and admission for 2 i'm already $25 out.

i lucked out since i found a friend looking to sell his p22 and hope to get to the range this weekend to warm it up. i appreciate the positive comments to my little thread and to the many others that i've looked through on this site. i am now a proud firearm owner. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top