JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have decided on Walther P22 (3.4" barrel) for a first gun for myself and to get the wife into shooting. This is to be my gateway gun to larger caliber semi-autos, so I'm not considering revolvers now. NW Armory is a short drive and the next gun show is on 2/13. Experiences with purchase/price from gun shop vs gun show? Thanks!

I am skeptical about the gun show as well, but I'm a noob so don't know about an internet purchase and FFL exchange. Saw this at budsgunshop.com and looked like a good deal.
Walther P22 .22lr 3.4" Black W/Laser $385.

I agree that gun shows are NOT the best place to get a deal. I've wasted money paying entry, and sometimes parking, to find that I can get a better deal at my local gun shop.

I have personally bought many pistols (including the P22) from The Gun Broker in Tigard and Woodburn. There is also a location on the east side. Do not get them confused with gunbroker.com, which is an auction website.

Is there a reason you are starting with the P22? Just curious.

* Check outdoorstrader.com
* Check gunbroker.com and look for anyone selling locally, that way you skip the FFL part. Auction #121833036 is from Grants Pass if you don't mind the drive.:nuts:
* Check local armories and pawn shops. I got a pretty good deal at 99 Pawn & Guns (haggle aggressively).
* Beavercreek has them but might be a bit pricy, yet probably cheaper than driving to Grants Pass.:p

while i have fired guns here and there with friends, the p22 will be the first one i own and the one to win over the wife with. ammo is cheap and i can hopefully develop good habits with the small caliber gun before moving up. i figure once the wife is comfortable with the 22lr, i can work up to a 9mm or .40 for gun #2.

i appreciate all the feedback and am deciding away from the gun show.. after parking and admission for 2 i'm already $25 out.

i lucked out since i found a friend looking to sell his p22 and hope to get to the range this weekend to warm it up. i appreciate the positive comments to my little thread and to the many others that i've looked through on this site. i am now a proud firearm owner. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top