JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heard way too often around Speed Steel and USPSA matches:

"You can't miss fast enough to win"---usually after someone has just
shot a screamin' fast run, but kind of not hit everything they were
supposed to.:s0114:

Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch) said something like, "If you're not shooting you should be moving, and if you're not moving you should be reloading, because if you're not shooting, reloading, or moving, someone will cut off your head and put it on a stick". I was at an IPSC match, and in the break between shooters, while targets are being scored and taped, a shooting buddy said, "If you are not shooting, you should be reloading, and if you are not shooting or reloading, you should be taping targets or picking brass!"
It was pretty funny, at the time.

"Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it."

While this is not a quip - Knowing what to do next, if you ever find the need to use "Frontsight Press" - "Sit down, Shut up - Say NOTHING without an Attorney."

If LEO's that are involved in shootings will say nothing without representation; why would you EVER think that it is ok for you talk? (one reason Too many TV shows).

Even if your innocent -

"If you talk, you may not walk."

The other thing, when you see lights and sirens - and no more bad guys, "Clear your weapon, open the Action if you can remove the mag, set the weapon on the ground, put your hands on your head, LEO's don't know if your a good guy or bad guy when responding to a shots fired or guy with a gun -911 call"

Let the facts do the talking - if the bad guy has a record (more than likely if this was a self defense or took place during a criminal act against you. ) the police will find out that the bad guy is a bad guy pretty quick (if they are not already familiar with them).

I am not an attorney, nor do I care greatly for many of them, but If your willing to spend thousands of dollars on Firearms, Ammo and training - Pay for one hour of Criminal defense attorney's time and asked what the implications are if you talk and what you should do if ever involved in a shooting.

- It is far cheaper to keep your mouth shut - than to pay an attorney to defend everything you thought happened right after the incident took place.

We all know the Miranda Mantra.... "anything you say can (and WILL) be used against you". What is left unsaid, but is even more true, is that NOTHING you say can ever be used IN YOUR FAVOUR. In other words, IF you say anything, and the cops want to, they can use it against you. IF you say anything, even if the cops want to, it CANNOT ever be used to help prove your innocence. It is a one-way street.

Ergo.... when the cops come round, SHUT YER PIEHOLE.... until your solicitor/barrister/lawyer/attorney/abogado is present and working for you.

Saying ANYTHING digs you into a hole. And nothing you say can ever function as the shovel to get you out.

Sounds like good advice, once the round balls stop flying about and the threat is neutralised, to clear your weapon, place it on the ground, and stand hands atop head.... NO WAY can you then be mistaken for one of the perpetrators. I can imagine the lawmen will appreciate this behaviour. Makes their job a bit easier, and eliminates (or minimises) the chance of confusion.

"If you can only bring two things to a gunfight, bring a rifle and a friend with a rifle."

And my favorite:

"A handgun is a great weapon to fight back to the rifle you never should have put down in the first place."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Reagan

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." --Ted Nugent

"The sheeping of America is nearly complete." ~~ Ted Nugent

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

1* "BECAUSE YOU ONLY HAVE 1 ***-TO-RISK!" Gary Paul Johnston

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads