Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best colour of front sight?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by darkminstrel, Aug 14, 2011.

1. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to upgrade my AR-7 to a more high-vis sight and am wanting to go with a good light collecting fibre optic style. I know there are the many colour choices and am wondering if anyone has experience with more than just one colour and in different light levels/times of day. I would like the most visible over a range of conditions and have zero time using any of them at all.

2. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

I too have been wondering about a fiber optic front sight for the AR.

I have ALL green TFO's on my XD.40 3.8, and love them. I've had them on 3 of my XD's so far.

With my aging eyes, they really seem to help.

On my first XD, i had the yellow rear, green front sights. The Green is by FAR the brightest out of those two colors.

The thing I like about the TruGlo's, are the they have the Tritium that glows 24/7, which is a plus for low light or night time. Although you will need a flashlight for nighttime use, due to lighting up back drop.

Here is a link to the cheapest one I have found so far, and yes it is from cheaper than dirt. I have never ordered from them, but have talked with others that have with no issues.

56916 - TruGlo Tritium/Fiber Optic Green AR-15 Front Sight

Midway USA.

TRUGLO TFO Front Sight AR-15 Steel Blue Tritium / Fiber Optic Green - MidwayUSA

There are other fiber optic sights out there, but the TruGlo are the only one's with the Tritium in them, which I personally prefer.

Don't know if this is the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Stay Safe.

3. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

4. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

ok, sorry bout that, i didn't really see past the AR of the ar-7. The AR-7 is a sweet looking little rifle though.

yes, i do love the tritium fiber optics on the pistols.

Stay Safe.