JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in a previous post I said I was **** bent on a .308 Savage. A recent trade may have made me consider going AR. What do you cats think is the best for the money AR kit around? I dont need anything special, It does not have to be tacticool. It just needs to shoot for the little amount of shooting I do anymore. If it turns out good, without too much hassle, I will probably build a better one in .458 socom later. For this particular build, I would like to be around $500 without receiver if possible. I know there are several kits in the shotgun news for that price. If you folks have a kit you wanna sell in that price range, hit me up before I change my mind again. I am fickle, catch me fast.

Check out Palmetto State Armory. They have occasional sales on uppers and lowers. A milspec m4gery can be had for less than 700$ if you time it right. Keep in mind a 24" bull barrel AR will be very heavy.

Another vote for Palmetto State Armory. :s0155: <broken link removed> That's pretty hard to beat for the quality you get in the parts. $50 more gets you the Magpul MOE Furniture and trigger guard.

I believe I paid a little under $500 for a 20" rifle kit from Del-Ton. Another $100 for a stripped lower and I'm good to go with a $600 AR that hasn't had malfunctions so far (350 rounds). Only problem is the 6-8 week wait they got going on.

And if you shop around you can find LMT or others for same prices and not have "off name" parts. I understand not wanting to spend more to get more, but why not spend same or less and get better quality?

is there any problem using say, E-sarco company's kits? I realize the 16" barreled versions on their site is sold out, but they still got the 20" barrel ones for the M16A2 look; all ya need to do is add lower receiver...and then the local gun show, the recent one in Albany, had a Surplus Ammo marked complete lower for $150 and a Del-ton upper or DSA upper in 18-20 inches from $400+, the carbine length ones were 325+ for the complete uppers....
I myself am not minding starting a build myself over time.. :)

Hey, thanks for all the help. I am doing a trade with nubus and iamme for the kit and lower. I will keep you all informed. Nubus seems like a pretty cool cat and he is opening up a web site to sell the kits, and they appear to be a pretty damn good deal. I will keep you all informed about how it goes. thanks, jr

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top