JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What accessories do you use? How have they worked for you and what are the best accessories available for the AR platforms?

Saw an add for this the otherday... Looks interesting

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=55444&u=01135

Saw that too. Was interested until I saw $1300 price. Lost interest.

How you "accessorize" your AR kind of depends on how you are going to
use it. For instance---a bipod would be worse than useless on a home
defense gun, while backup iron sights and a vertical fore-grip are
probably wasted on a long range varmint gun.

I tend to say that as little accessories as possible is best. If the accessory is not going to make you a better shot or find yout target faster then dont waste your money, you are only making the gun weigh more. What will the main use of the gun be? competition, varmit, home defence, plinking, looking cool(in that case more accessories).

hahah that is hilarious, I like the tango down stubby grip, even though I have huge hands, I noticed just a little support in the front, help me hit the targets.

I have a Aimpoint and some times Surefire flashlight and that is plenty for me... the purpose of my AR is for 3 gun matches, it light weight and accurate enough to hit targets out to 200 yards.

I use a Strikefire scope(similar to aimpoint), a muzzle brake that makes a huge difference and that is all. Foregrips are a waste as you can hold the mag well and get just a good if not better support. Flashlights are seldom used so why bother with the weight as well as lasers. Quad rails will add weight as well. The stock plastic grips work fine unless you want a free float. I use mine for competition so if the part does not make me shoot faster and better then why bother with it. Use your money on better parts or ammo

People with tons of stuff on their gun like to show them off. "look how much crap I can get to hang off this thing!!"

Not everyone. Careful about generalizing.

On my civilian rifle, I have nothing. I barrel mount a surefire when we go out at night with it, but that's it. Trijicon night sights; Not even an optic.

On my rifle for work, I have a fair bit of stuff. Aimpoint, BUIS, and two tac lights. I have an incandescent surefire, and an LED surefire. Incandescent works great outdoors when you need to see a LONG way off, or need to better see colors (Animals, people, etc.) LED has better battery life, and works better in a CQB environment. As well as searching desks/drawers/people. Because on this side of the pond you don't shoot first, the LED light works similar to a flash bang. Disorients them into cooperation. Another advantage is if one lights dies off, you already have another ready to go. Over seas we had M4's and optional suppressors, some of us had Eotechs and others had Acogs. I had an AN/PEQ2, which was odd because I didn't have night vision. My boss had NOD, but he's the rich one.
My superior had a short 14 inch barrel saw with a collapsible stock. Eotech+flip to side magnifier. Was still plenty accurate, and much easier to use on the other side of the door.
So, there you go.

I keep it pretty simple. Quality magazines(PMags), quality optic(EOTech for me), quality sights(I prefer fixed and rear, unless running a powered scope or magnifier, then a flip up is needed to fit under the optic), my Bobro shorty VFG, Vltor Mod Stock and a good FH/Comp. Add flashlight as needed. Nothing crazy. Something over 100 lumens and smaller, usually with no tape switch as cords add trouble. A good 2 point sling is also a great thing to have, though I consider it a must have, not an accessory!

Try to run quality in everything. I was told something a long time ago when buying used cars, "buy the best you can afford". Also, "buy cheap, buy twice".

I agree that the cross bow thing is about as stupid as it gets. I understand the theory, sort of, but the price does not justify the "CDI factor"(which to me, there is NONE of.

Great point! I consider a cleaning kit an absolute like a sling. Not an accessory in my mind, though it is in many other folks'. Some don't take a cleaning kit shooting which, IMO, is not a smart move. How do you evaluate your weapons performance both clean and dirty?

Good ammo is also an absolute. Training ammo can be cheap but the SHTF stuff should be good. Not necessarily high dollar, whiz bang stuff, but good, quality ammunition you can count on.

I put a set of front and rear Meprolight night sights on mine when I used to live out in the country. Other than that, my black gun is all black...;)

342.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top