JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rugers are built like tanks, but I am partial to the Smith & Wesson 686. I really like the triggers on mine. Though I would love to have a Python, the prices they fetch put them on the unobtainium list for me.

Last Edited:
Personal opinion! The .357 lives or dies by velocity! Which ever revolver you choose, go six inch!
BTW, I strongly favor S&W revolvers, the 686 is a fine handgun.

In the day...Pythons were considered at the top of the list. I never did own one. But I've had many other Colts, Smiths and Rugers over a lot of years. The old Smith N-frame Model 28 was my finest shooting .357 ever. Next, Security Sixes and the earlier Smith Model 686's are no slouches. I could pick and carry either one and never have to look back. If a feller likes a single action, Ruger Blackhawks are pretty great.

This is not to say there are not other fine choices, but it can all quickly be narrowed down to the above, relatively inexpensive choices and a feller could be happy forever.

WAYNO.

Depending on desired usage (CC, range, etc) I agree with the S&W 686 for the range or a Ruger SP101 (3") for CC. I had a SPS101 3" for years and loved that thing. Do a trigger job and a couple easy spring replacements and they can be just as smooth as a S&W SA/DA revolver. Come to think of it, my collection is wheel-less right now, I must rectify that! Another SP101 or Gp100 possibly, or one of those nice 686's. Good luck with your decision!

If you're going to carry it around all day, a K frame Smith, 3-4" barrel sends those rounds yonder in perfect fashion. An equivalent in weight but more durable gun is the Ruger Six guns.
A GP-100 (Ruger) will last generations.. unless you're a tarded machine. lol

For a range gun I'm a fan of the Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel.

With a gun this heavy full power 357's aren't hard to handle and my 38spl target loads have barely more recoil than a 22lr.

Would have to be the Korth:
pic-49-1.jpg
Too rich for my blood, however.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads